PDA

View Full Version : ITM hand.... Wondering if this is a leak.....

octaveshift
05-08-2005, 12:26 PM
I read the limp and completion as weak. I am beginning to wonder if I should just see the flop in these cases.....

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1750)
Hero (t1270)
Button (t4980)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls t400, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1270 (All-In)</font>

valenzuela
05-08-2005, 12:29 PM
you can call BUT YOU MUST push any flop.

tech
05-08-2005, 12:34 PM
The only time I'm not pushing here is if I suspect a trap. For example, if the button has been pushing or folding every hand and all of a sudden he limps, be afraid.

J-Lo
05-08-2005, 12:34 PM
push this all day, and twice 4:20

zaphod
05-08-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only time I'm not pushing here is if I suspect a trap. For example, if the button has been pushing or folding every hand and all of a sudden he limps, be afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

octaveshift
05-08-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you can call BUT YOU MUST push any flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a stop and go probably would have worked perfectly here.

My read was correct. The villain called with 78d, and caught runner runner after the flop for the straight.

If we had seen the flop before I pushed, I am not sure he would have called.
(Although, his call with 78d in this case makes me think he probably would have.)

I think his call was stenchy, but I am open to other opinions.

microbet
05-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Buh, first problem with the stop-n-go is that you aren't first to act after the flop. If the SB bets, it will mess you up, if you didn't hit anything.

Second problem is you probably have the best hand preflop. Just push. If they fold, great, if they call with their QJ, not terrible.

Walter Pullis
05-08-2005, 12:55 PM
If you think you go all-in too often in your chip circumstances, I can't answer that. But in this case I think it was fine. With his big stack he might be calling with connectors every time. Also I assume you are trying to win, and not trying to finish second at all costs, which is the best stategy in the long run.

valenzuela
05-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Youre absolutely right, I never saw the SB completing, I guess its a push.