PDA

View Full Version : preflop standards

iluzion
05-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Is there any type of chart or anything that shows general rules for what to play preflop? I'm new to this tourney play and have no idea what I should be playing.

valenzuela
05-08-2005, 12:18 PM
This is for the 11s.
Until 6 handed or level4> EP: raise: AA,KK,QQ,AK limp:JJ-77
LP: raise: TT+,AQ+ limp:22+
Aferwards : Stacks + position + personalities + cards + gap: Push or fold.( If you and another oponent that is still in the hand have more than 10x BB then raise to 3x( never limp, never min-raise)and call shortstack all-ins if you raise)

iluzion
05-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Oops, I forgot to say what I play.. I'm still on the $5+.50 games on stars, seeing as I'm a new tourney player and this seemed like the easiest (and cheapest when it comes to rake) way to go.

valenzuela
05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Oh ,my standars are for partypoker. Just use my early play standars for more time. However early play is easy the real skill is later on.

Unparagoned
05-08-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
early play is easy the real skill is later on.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I think this statement is funny.

iluzion
05-08-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oops, I forgot to say what I play.. I'm still on the $5+.50 games on stars, seeing as I'm a new tourney player and this seemed like the easiest (and cheapest when it comes to rake) way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing a LOT more hands than that early in the tourney, and finding it very profitable. I've been playing all pocket pairs, all suited connectors..