PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Analysts! Personality Transformations Hmmm

SittingBull
11-24-2002, 09:22 PM
There was a time when I was very shy and non-assertive.
However,after playing poker for several years and many hours,I noticed that I began to undergo a personality transformation:
from a shy non-assertive individual to a more aggressive , assertive one.
This change aided me tremendously in my daily life.
I am now a more balanced person,thanks to POKER.
Not only has playing poker made me more aggressive and assertive,but more mentally resilient.
I also have developed a more dogged determination to accomplish objectives in life.
I did not plan this transformation.
It just happenend because I have been playing poker for so long.
I would be interes /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ted in knowing if there are any other players who have obtained benefits--other than financial--by playing poker??
Just curious
Sitting Bull

DPCondit
11-24-2002, 11:33 PM
I agree, it has also helped me in the same way. Also, looking at things in a more risk/reward probability oriented fashion is helpful. It also helps financially.

Now I wonder if loser types that blame the dealer for everything and ask for deck changes every 10 minutes actually receive any benefit, or does it just reinforce their self-delusions?

Good luck,
Don

Mike
11-25-2002, 01:09 AM
It has made me a better driver believe it or not. I now take more risks at the table and less on the road.

JTG51
11-25-2002, 03:37 AM
I've been playing for less than a year, but I think poker has also helped me in "real life".

Like you, I've always been quite shy. I've never really been one to "schmooze" and mingle with strangers. Sitting for hours on end at the poker table with 9 strangers has without a doubt changed that, for the better.

SittingBull
11-26-2002, 07:16 PM

SittingBull
11-26-2002, 07:18 PM

SittingBull
11-26-2002, 07:21 PM

DPCondit
11-27-2002, 08:39 PM
I don't usually spell my name with a "U", but Happy thanksgiving to you too!

Good luck,
Don

Jedi Poker
11-28-2002, 01:15 AM
I used to be a win vs. lose and right vs. wrong thinker. Poker has transformed me into an EV thinker. It hasn't changed my personality though. I'm still well balanced along the introvert/extrovert and assertive/passive continuums.

SittingBull
11-28-2002, 11:36 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif