PDA

View Full Version : YUCK!

flawless_victory
05-08-2005, 10:56 AM
MP1 is a horrible calling station, CO is totally unknown. Im not sure if CO would be savvy enough to threebet light considering MP plays so effing bad...
Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, HERO??

Lmn55d
05-08-2005, 11:23 AM
folds

elindauer
05-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I'd say that after this action, you're almost never ahead. Should you draw? You're getting about 6:1 to call. This would be enough if you knew your heart / set outs would be good. In this spot though, I'd say you're drawing dead at least half the time, maybe more, and you lose another bet those times that you catch while drawing dead and payoff. Easy fold.

Good luck.
Eric

steveyz
05-08-2005, 01:07 PM
Wouldn't a callstation not raise that turn unless he had you beat? Looks like an easy fold to me. CO probably has a set.

goofball
05-08-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't a callstation not raise that turn unless he had you beat? Looks like an easy fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Daddy Cool
05-08-2005, 01:50 PM
i know what you're thinking. "i may be ahead here and i also have a flush+set draw against a really bad player and an unknown."

but, a calling station raised you. thats not what calling stations do. and co 3-bet this raising calling station. you are almost never good here and you'll be drawing dead a good amount of times to and be forced to pay off if you hit one of your outs.

flawless_victory
05-08-2005, 04:29 PM
right after i posted this hand, i knew people were going to say "a calling station raised, he has the nuts blah blah..." hes not as much a calling station as he is WAAAY too loose and passive PF, but normal not too good postflop... my fault. i think my set and flush outs are both good here WAAAAY more often than alot of ppl think... i would feel really dumb if MP fourbet behind me is the really big problem...

lil feller
05-08-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think my set and flush outs are both good here WAAAAY more often than alot of ppl think

[/ QUOTE ]

How? Even given your new description of MP, a "normal not-to-good postflop" player still isn't raising here with less than 2 pair? Given board texture and a wide range of preflop hands its EXTREMEMLY likely he has at least a flush (which may or may not contain a card bigger than a 9). Combine that with the fact that MP then got 3bet by an unknown and the chance that you are drawing live is next to nothing. Remember both of these players cold called a raise pre-flop, and even with "loose" player that generally implies either suited cards, face cards, or both. The real world chance that neither of them has a heart bigger then a 9 is extremely small. If you had the J or the Q of hearts this would be closer, but in this instance you just shouldn't continue.

[ QUOTE ]
i would feel really dumb if MP fourbet behind me is the really big problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel dumb for getting 4 bet, feel dumb for calling the 2nd and 3rd bets.

It sounds like you called and got there, by the tone of your post, and if thats how it worked out good for you. Most of the time, however, you're drawing dead.

lf