PDA

View Full Version : what can I do with good HH?

Festis
05-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I have played about 500 sngs mostly 33 at party. My ROI is about 15%. So I think I need to improve my game if I want to move up. The thing is that I can get hold on hand histories from a great 200+15 player. But what kind of aprouch should I have when looiking at these HH? Ofcourse an overal view, but are there any specifik areas where I can concentrate? Maybe when he think he is shortstacked, and then look at what kind of steals he makes.. Bubble play..

So please give some specifik areas that I can concentrate on or other good ways to learn from HH.

KJ o
05-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Interesting question. When you can compare his play to yours (as opposed to just having his, or your, HHs), I'd start by putting the HH into PokerTracker and see where you play differently, such as $VP/IP per level, aggression factors etc.

Then concentrate on those hands and go through them manually. But I'd be interested to hear other suggestions.

Al P
05-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Bubble play. Take notes on things like how tight opponents are and how hero uses that to push them around. Or how loose opponents are and how hero has to become more selective in pushing.

Take notes of position when hero acts on the bubble. When is he making plays UTG? When is he making plays in CO/BTN/SB? Are these plays different when he's chipleader vs. small stack?

Ignore whether Hero won the tournament or placed ITM*, that's irrelavent for your study, it's the play that you want to study.

*because you said he's a great $215'er. If he were merely breakeven some of his strategies may not be optimal and costing him and you chips.