PDA

View Full Version : My most misplayed hand ever...

boondockst
05-08-2005, 06:03 AM
please...i understand i broke 50 rules of SSNL and have no idea how i let this happen...i have no idea what the **** i was thinking PF or on the flop and it just kept getting worse....I've never seen a min-raise and min-reraise in front of me when i had AA before...I think some at party are smart enough to know raise-reraise- RERAISE means AA is somewhere and didn't know how to act, not wanting to kill my action. I do know that i should reraise to isolate against a probably high pp/AK I understand all my mistakes, just sharing an insane hand with y'all...the table had been relatively calm as i'd been working on my table selection... seems like i have a definite two-outer after that turn...Assuming you're in this mess, how would you play the turn if i had more back in my stack?

Oh and anyone who gueses who won the pots and a hand for the others gets a brand new...(nevermind no one will ever guess)

P.S. if you do insist on critiqueing my admittedly HORRID play, please comment on the exact amount you raise at a relatively (i thought) tight/passive table and if somehow 5 players see that flop how you go from there. I figured i was behind someone perhaps but i wanted to isolate (i know what's the point) by reraising the push by SB

P.P.S. All the bold is so that those who are quick to skim and flame can see that i know this hand was an absolute wreck

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($24.47)</font>
UTG ($26.1)
MP ($11.5)
CO ($18.86)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($20.17)</font>
<font color="#C00000">SB ($12)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls $0.75, SB (poster) calls $0.65, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, UTG calls $1, CO calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($7.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $5, Button calls $5, SB calls $10.50 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, CO folds, Button calls $11.

Turn: ($55) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button calls $2.

River: ($59) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, Button calls $0.67 (All-In).

Final Pot: $60.67

-Skeme-
05-08-2005, 06:08 AM
Preflop raise is horrible, but you already know this. I'd probably make it $5.

boondockst
05-08-2005, 06:11 AM
and expect callers or reraisers? It of course doesn't matter but i like to know what scenarios i'm expecting by betting

Again the min-raise and min-re-raise threw me completely off. I am absolutely sure that in 20K hands of 6max NL 25 i have NEVER seen a min-raise and a min-reraise and had JJ+, AK

boondockst
05-08-2005, 06:13 AM
No one wants to stab at the hands?

I'll give you one. UTG (who folded on jack-high flop) had TT.

Again, yes i understand i gave him ridiculous PF odds to hit a set.

-Skeme-
05-08-2005, 06:17 AM
You're expecting to thing the field, which is what you want with Aces. Taking this flop 5 handed is the complete opposite of what you'd like to achieve here. $5 might seem too much, I really don't know. To be honest, for some reason it's kinda hard for me to give a proper amount at a level this low. It's easier when I'm at the table and looking at the action. You have two people cold-calling a reraise preflop and you have the nuts. I'm thinking $5 isn't horrible here.. Maybe $4 is more suitable? I doubt everybody folds for $4.

boondockst
05-08-2005, 06:22 AM
I duno...i know that as fishy as they are, re-re-raises scare a lot of folks..which i'm sure is better than a 5-way AA flop on such a um, drawless (extreme sarcasm) board

The table was folding PF to some $1 raises and veteran or not, seeing AA to two raises has to be very exciting, yet the min-raises left me dumbfounded what to do...I did the donkish small raise to appear to be joining the party (again, no idea what i was thinking)

boondockst
05-08-2005, 06:23 AM
I can't take it any longer....i'll edit in a minute with the results

Edit:

Final Pot: $60.67

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Th 8d (two pair, jacks and eights).
Hero has Ac As (two pair, aces and jacks).
Button has 7c Tc (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $60.66. </font>

what luck...now i don't know who played the hand worst

Spladle Master
05-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Make it $4.25 to go pre-flop.

swolfe
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Move Of Honor

jjb108
05-08-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Move Of Honor

[/ QUOTE ]

xorbie
05-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Min-raise is generally a PP in my experience, although some people do it with SC and some even do it with marginal hands like KJo.

Make it $3 to charge them.