PDA

View Full Version : 100 Party 22 SnG stats. (Comments?)

calamere
05-08-2005, 04:16 AM
Ok. Been playing the 22s for a bit. Just hit 100. Had a one 10 straight buy-in loss and one 9 straight buy-in loss. Made me feel sick inside but it all worked out in the end. This includes one pot limit sng that I didn't notice I was in until I made the final 3 and realized it wouldn't let me go all-in pre-flop (got 2nd).

ITM 40%
ROI 31.4%

1st 17
2nd 12
3rd 11
4th 8
5th 11
6th 14
7th-10th 27

Anyway, so here I find myself with almost 40+ buy-ins for the 33s if I want. I don't think I'm gonna move up yet but I'd like advice on it. The plan is to wait for 100 33 buyins. At this rate that'll be in a month or so. Any words of wisdom from you great thinkers would be fantastic.

I've been mostly 2 tabling and starting up two more when it gets later in the tournies so that I have two coming into Level 3 when I finish the earlier two. So I'm kinda 4 tabling? I get in about 4 an hour on average.

So yea, what do you think?

bluefeet
05-08-2005, 04:24 AM
A longshot analysis with what is provided, but I couldn't help but notice the bell-curve there. It seems you are either ITM or sent packing early.

I gather you are an extremely aggressive player - good.
But perhaps a bit loose as well...you love suited connectors, Ax, etc.

Your ITM and 1st-3rd ratios are very good...I won't argue your ITM play. But if the previous para. rings any bells, you might want to tighten up a bit early on. It's apparent that you're the type that has the monstor chip lead L2 or being giggled at after busting out on a missed flush draw or the like (not that the giggling matters).

Stay aggressive.
Tighten up early.
Read up on bubble play (punishing position that us tight players have to live in).

Good luck!!

ilya
05-08-2005, 04:28 AM
Your sample size is - dare I say it? - too small. Waiting until you have 100 buy-ins before moving up to the $33s is a great idea because on the way there you'll get a better idea about your ROI at the $22s.

Nick M
05-08-2005, 04:33 AM
There has been a lot of talk on this site about moving up to the 33s. There has been theories of a log jam of good players in the 33s...do a search.

One suggestion though about your numbers. I have a feeling your not playing tight enough early on. You busted out more than 25% of the time in 7-10 place. I bet if you folded a few more spec hands you could get that down to 10% or 15% maybe less. Hands like 67s 78s those types. And KQo KJo A10 early. These hands are killers. But nice job on the 31.4

calamere
05-08-2005, 04:34 AM
I actually play extremely tight early on. Suited connecters and Ax suited get hypermucked from anywhere except BB (or SB in level 1). Basically I wait for the big double up and I chill out until Level 4 or 5 and then I start blind stealing like a madman. I'm probably a little bit of a maniac against the short stacks late game. I'll have to post some pushes and see what you guys think.

calamere
05-08-2005, 04:35 AM
I know. I was just so excited to hit my first 100. I won't check back in until 500 next time, I promise.

calamere
05-08-2005, 04:43 AM
Yea, I've been reading about how a lot of good players are at the 33's. Something to think about for sure. Maybe I'll just play one 33 while playing two 22s and look at the stats after 100 33s or so.

I think I play pretty tight. Maybe have to take it up another notch. I'll see how it feels.