PDA

View Full Version : Do you push this?

Bigwig
05-08-2005, 04:05 AM
Can't find the m***** f****** hand history. And my bad f****** streak is continuing.

Anyway, here's the situation, pretty close to as it was.

Party $50 (7 handed), 50/100.

UTG folds.

You are next to act with t900.

The remaining six stacks are at the least significant, and most (at least 4 or 5) have you covered.

Your hand: K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

I had pushed two hands previously from the CO with 44 at this level.

Do you push?

ilya
05-08-2005, 04:12 AM
I fold...if the blinds are going up before they hit me, though, I, err, I still fold. Although in that latter case I guess maybe I should push.

Nick M
05-08-2005, 04:17 AM
to many people left to act and this hand sucks...if i was on the button or one off, definitely.

Insty
05-08-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm not suprised you are on a bad streak if you are even thinking of pushing this with 5 people to act.

Apathy
05-08-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not suprised you are on a bad streak if you are even thinking of pushing this with 5 people to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's fair at all... I voted fold, but if this was the 100/200 level it becomes and easy push, or even if you had 600 instead of 900, easy push again (imo at least) so don't be so quick to jump on the OP. Maybe you don't push enough from EP in these type of situations with 7+ players left.

microbet
05-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I voted fold. I think it is pushable, but marginal. I don't pick a marginal push for my second push in a round while out of position.

Freudian
05-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Lately I have seen minraises from early position getting much more respect than they deserve. Perhaps this is a good spot to minraise-semibluff-steal-in-a-cunning-fashion?

Worst that can happen is someone coming back with an all-in. Seeing a flop is ok, though you are out of position it doesn't automatically mean its negative. And you steal the blinds often enough for a minraise to be a realistic option.

microbet
05-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't think a min-raise is terrible at a passive table.

If someone comes over the top and you fold, then min-raise next time you get a very strong hand.

edit: not terrible, but I think it is too big a percentage of your stack here.

pokerlaw
05-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I had pretty much the exact same situation last night, but I pushed. Lurking behind me was AA...not good times. While I couldn't predcit that, the more I thought about it, KJ is marginal with this many people behind, so I will (now) fold /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Freudian
05-08-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: not terrible, but I think it is too big a percentage of your stack here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That could work in your favour though. When someone with less than 10xBB minraises it's a danger sign.

On certain tables this move will never work. On some it has a good chance of working. So it is all about picking the right spot.

Scuba Chuck
05-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Apathy, good analysis.

Scuba Chuck
05-08-2005, 02:11 PM
You can't let the fact that your blind steals run into AA affect your decisions. It would be a bigger deal/mistake if you were consistently running into A6 or something. Then I think you should be re-examining your game.

curtains
05-08-2005, 07:15 PM
I fold here most of the time.

curtains
05-08-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's fair at all... I voted fold, but if this was the 100/200 level it becomes and easy push, or even if you had 600 instead of 900, easy push again (imo at least) so don't be so quick to jump on the OP. Maybe you don't push enough from EP in these type of situations with 7+ players left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apathy is correct of course. Pushing with 100-200 becomes automatic, as it does if you have 600 in chips.

shejk
05-08-2005, 07:53 PM
I also voted fold. But thinking about it, I can see that the blinds will go up at latest on your sb. If they go up on your big blind I think this is pushable. Of course, it depends on the table as well.