PDA

View Full Version : HU question........go for the kill?

bluefeet
05-08-2005, 03:40 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1955)
Hero (t7045)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero....

Button has played extremely tight throughout the game. He obviously has 2 overs, but I'm curious as to what mindset you take on as chip lead HU. With this substantial lead, do you take any pockets, A+? against what is sure to be an all-in situation?

As the underdog, I'm all about getting my chips in with a hand &gt; than random. But as chip lead, I find myself torn between wanting to end it -vs- waiting for a 'premium' hand.

elonkra
05-08-2005, 03:46 AM
fold 33 and bully your way to 1st

bluefeet
05-08-2005, 03:58 AM
thanks for the reminder, i lost sight of the obvious.

just curious...if the short stack DOES take the lead like this, what kind of hands would you call on?

JJ or higher?
A? .........10, J, maybe 8 or 9?

forgetting for a minute the 'he is very tight' read, if you make the assumption he is pushing with any &gt; random, how much better than random hand are you looking to have to slug it out? or is simply calling ever an option when he raises 1/3 or 1/2 his stack?

thanks for reply.....

Benholio
05-08-2005, 05:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He obviously has 2 overs

[/ QUOTE ]

This should really read "He at least has 2 overs".

If the blinds were a couple levels higher, I'd easily cram them in there in response with 33, but they are low enough now to fold this potentially 4:1 underdog hand, and continue pushing him around with your big-stack.

Elektrik
05-08-2005, 07:50 AM
If BB is still playing tight HU, fold and continue to rob him of his blinds.

If BB has loosened up since HU started and is playing reasonably, push and use your FE to your advantage if it even exists, as your edge is much less now.