PDA

View Full Version : Networking Two Computers - How???

CountDeMonet
05-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Thanks for looking to help. I have a laptop and a desktop that I want to network. Both are running XP. Both are connected to a router if that makes a difference.

CountDeMonet

Nick-Zack
05-08-2005, 06:37 AM
I am just glad to find out that I not the only donk that can't figure this out. I have tried and tried with no results (other than failure).

NateDog
05-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Start > My Network Places > Network Setup Wizard

Ta-Da!

CountDeMonet
05-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Ta-don't. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Tried that but couldn't get it to work. I'll try again today, maybe I missed something.

CountDeMonet

Leavenfish
05-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Don't know.

Rather than create a new thread, I have a desktop running Win98 and a laptop running XP Home Edition. I want to wirless network these...the desktop pluged into the router.

Will there be any problem given that these run separate operating systems?

Thanks,
Leavenfish

capped again
05-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I worked on this for about a week. Network Setup Wizard never worked I finally called Dell. It was my new 6000 I was trying to set up. They were very helpful and walked me through it. It took some doing, and I can’t remember what all we did. If you have a Dell give them a call. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NoTalent
05-08-2005, 04:57 PM
They need to be part of the same domain.
Right click on my computer, and go to properties. Go to network ID, and click properties. Type in a domain name or use the default 'Workgroup' one. Do this on both computers, then you should be able to see them when you look on your local network.