PDA

View Full Version : TT - level 4 - sandwich

Scuba Chuck
05-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Too weaktight? I was thinking push or fold. Perhaps I shoulda called for the t75? I think I still like the fold here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t640)
MP2 (t770)
CO (t945)
Button (t715)
SB (t2110)
Hero (t910)
UTG (t985)
UTG+1 (t925)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls t100, <font color="red"> Hero folds </font>

Nick M
05-08-2005, 01:49 AM
I would call looking for a set. Even if there's no over cards I still fold if he bets. I hate being out of position here, but for 75 how do you not call hoping to flop a set? He raised UTG so I bet you can bust him with a 10.

Larimani
05-08-2005, 02:18 AM
it's a call.

Apathy
05-08-2005, 02:20 AM
You're hatred for flops costs you a lot of money, call the 75 and play post flop, you likely have the best hand, and don't need to call much to see a flop while getting good immediate pot odds.

Scuba Chuck
05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you likely have the best hand, and don't need to call much to see a flop while getting good immediate pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. I'd likely have the best hand if I had 22.

Seadood228
05-08-2005, 02:41 AM
Still, you gotta take a flop getting those odds..

Nick M
05-08-2005, 02:43 AM
You want to know something really strange...live poker I love flops more than anything. Now I don't just mean in cash games either, well NL cash, I mean in tournament play too. I'm very new to online poker and for me it's very hard to play flops, which is why I can't play cash games online. But in SNGs I just hate flops hahaha. I catch myself not value betting A LOT and I scold myself for it. It's tough though. I'm scared I'll outplay myself online. In cash games I'll take a flop with anyone with anything. I have confidence. Online I play 75% preflop poker it's ridiculous. I have altered my style so much to be profitable at SNGs.

Has anyone else gotten this complex of playing mostly preflop poker?

Seadood228
05-08-2005, 02:51 AM
I have totally had this problem.

At times I've completely become gunshy. I attribute this to placing too much value on my chips early on. Because of this, I know I'm giving up on small edges that I'd normally take on other occaisions.

tjh
05-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Sorry Scuba if "fear of flops" has hijacked your thread.

SNG poker conditions us in a lot of ways. The fact that party and the like are such fast games they are almost all preflop poker. By the time you see the flop and if you are making or calling the correctly sized bets then you quickly become pot committed.

I wonder what other bad habits SNG poker leads to.. well that is another thread.

But yes to some extent I wonder if I run from some confrontations. I will start another thread..

--
tjh

--
tjh

Nick M
05-08-2005, 03:24 AM
do that...i really want to vent about preflop machine like poker..

Phil Van Sexton
05-08-2005, 11:22 AM
I'd never fold here. Calling is amusing, I guess. Like you say, you are in a sandwich....you won't be first to act and you won't be last to act.

I also don't like playing against 2 players. I really want to be able to play even if a K,Q,J falls on the flop. I can't really do that against 2 players.

To me, its a push.