PDA

View Full Version : Musical Question - Queensryche

CCass
05-08-2005, 12:32 AM
About 10 years ago I quit listening to music on the radio (I started listening to talk radio, sports and politics). Prior to that, I listened to 70's - early 80's Rock.

Recently the sports talk show I listened to in the afternoon went off the air, and I am now rediscovering music listening to a "Classic Rock" station. I have heard the Queensryche song "Silent Lucidity" several times, and think it is a helluva song (sounds a lot like a Pink Floyd song).

Is all of the Queesnryche stuff this good?

What other Q'ryche songs should I DL?

jason_t
05-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Jet City Woman, Empire, Eyes of a Stranger, I Don't Believe in Love

Pocket Trips
05-08-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
About 10 years ago I quit listening to music on the radio (I started listening to talk radio, sports and politics). Prior to that, I listened to 70's - early 80's Rock.

Recently the sports talk show I listened to in the afternoon went off the air, and I am now rediscovering music listening to a "Classic Rock" station. I have heard the Queensryche song "Silent Lucidity" several times, and think it is a helluva song (sounds a lot like a Pink Floyd song).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get the real thing and buy "the final cut" by floyd which is what that song reminds me of... most people don't like it but i do.. but i am posting on OOT on a saturday nite so what do I know?

ricochet420
05-08-2005, 01:53 AM
All of there stuff is pretty damn good. They are even better live. I seen them back in like 90-91. I hear they are touring with Judas Priest this summer, with Rob even.[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TimM
05-08-2005, 03:27 AM
I like The Final Cut too.

But the OP should definitely get all of the tracks off Operation Mindcrime and Empire. They all kind of go together. But none of the other tracks are very much like Silent Lucidity, which to me is like the typical "OK we need a single on this album" song.

daveymck
05-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Operation Mindcrime is one of the greatest ever metal albums, after that they went crap Empire isnt that bad but the albums since then till now have been progressively worse. They are currently making mindcrime 2 hopefully its a return to their metal roots instead of the rock pap they have put out recently.

CCass
05-08-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get the real thing and buy "the final cut" by floyd which is what that song reminds me of... most people don't like it but i do.. but i am posting on OOT on a saturday nite so what do I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Final Cut is one of my favorite albums by Pink Floyd. A little too political for some, but a lot of meaning in just about every song on the album.