PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 live hand

onegymrat
05-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Full table, nine-handed. This is my first hand of the night, posting in the CO. One limper to me, I raise with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB and BB both call as does limper. Four to the flop.

FLOP: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet. SB check-raises. BB folds. Limper cold-calls two bets. I 3-bet. SB calls, limper calls. Three to the turn.

TURN: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked around.

RIVER: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB bets. Limper raises. I...

All comments appreciated.

Michael Davis
05-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Is the SB a good player or something? If not, your flop threebet is out of line. Guys in that game don't checkraise with A5 there.

-Michael

steveyz
05-08-2005, 12:44 AM
bet the turn, fold for a raise. cold call the river, fold if SB 3-bets.

Terrabon98
05-08-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't mind the 3-bet on the flop if you're looking for a free card off the turn, which you got. The problem with that turn is that even if you hit your set/straight on the river, you still don't know where you stand in the hand, because a lot of players will go for a checkraise on the turn with the made flush, especially after you showed such aggression. I would still probably cold-call the two bets though, and fold to a 3-bet as already suggested...but I can't think of all that many hands someone is going to be raising with that aren't a flush...

andyfox
05-08-2005, 03:23 AM
What would the limper check and then cold-call two with on the flop, check the turn, and then raise the river?

DeezNutz3
05-08-2005, 06:41 AM
I've seen many players play flush draws like this, or are you talking about something else?

onegymrat
05-08-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What would the limper check and then cold-call two with on the flop, check the turn, and then raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
The nuts, which is precisely what limper had A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Unfortunately, I went against my better judgement, thinking I could get half a pot and called two cold. SB called also but did not show. Thanks Andy for being on the nose again.

BoxTree
05-09-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the SB a good player or something? If not, your flop threebet is out of line. Guys in that game don't checkraise with A5 there.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

This is right on if you're still playing at Commerce. If the flop is Txy and you have 99 (or Qxy and you have JJ, etc.) and there's a check-raise, you're done with this hand.

onegymrat
05-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi BT,

Hawaiian Gardens, two Fridays ago. The 3-bet was for a free turn card. If I hadn't reraised, I would have had to dump it right there.

ShawnHoo
05-09-2005, 07:11 PM
What turn cards would you have bet here?

onegymrat
05-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Only the other two eights.

Shawn, what would you have done on this hand?

ShawnHoo
05-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I'd call the flop and bet/raise any non-spade that wasn't A or K.

If it had been H/U with the SB, I'd have 3-bet.

BreakfastBurrito
05-09-2005, 07:57 PM
anyone just fold on the flop?