PDA

View Full Version : An Experimental Hand in stages. Posted in CO......AA check?

surfdoc
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
This is my first hand at the table but I have data on opponents. I have always wanted to try this as considering whenever its folded to the posting CO there is an auto raise and conversely nearly every time I have not raised when its folded to me and I knock someone then raises. The rest of the hand was interesting to me as well but we'll come back to that.

Lets start here and let the flaming begin. Don't bother saying it's an obvious raise because people will assume its a steal and 3-bet because I know that but also want to vomit when I steal the blids here. Trying for creative points just once.

From a statistical standpoint the button is LAG, SB TAG, and BB Loose Passive.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks,

Your Mom
05-07-2005, 10:16 PM
You know it's not the standard play but want to try it anyway. Ok, that's fine. What do you want me to tell you then?

surfdoc
05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know it's not the standard play but want to try it anyway. Ok, that's fine. What do you want me to tell you then?

[/ QUOTE ]

That it is awesome.

Bartholow
05-08-2005, 12:29 AM
If you are more likely to tilt from stealing the blinds than from getting sucked out on by someone who would have folded, I don't think this is bad at all. Personally I raise.

steveyz
05-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I don't have any problems with it. I actually don't think it makes much difference either way. If button or one of the blinds raised, would you 3-bet or smoothcall?

shaundeeb
05-08-2005, 01:32 AM
3 bet.

You are an unknown to not PTers and for everyones GT+ or PV you haven't shown your stats that they have on you so you get a break and they assume you are a limpRR crazy fish. No one can put you on AA even it the betting goes Raise from SB and 3-bet by BB and you cap.

andyfox
05-08-2005, 03:20 AM
See: ask and ye shall receive.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your Mom
05-08-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That it is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's awesome.

surfdoc
05-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks to those who said "awesome". I knew you'd come around.

Here is the rest of the hand. The SBs gaybet on the turn with the top card pairing definately froze me up but I thought this was a good time to play passively and let him keep bluffing if I was ahead and not get me 3 bet if I am behind.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Thoughts?

Your Mom
05-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I do the same postflop.