PDA

View Full Version : Salsa: Restaraunt vs. Chunky.

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 09:05 PM
FIGHT!

stabn
05-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Why is there a poll for this? Even average restaraunt salsa is better than the canned stuff.

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Actually, I prefer chunky homemade salsa to the soupy restaraunt stuff.

GuyOnTilt
05-07-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole thread is dumb. What makes you assume all restaurant salsa is soupy?

GoT

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were a poll about New York style pizza, would you point out that not all pizza from New York is made that way?

I'm talking about restaurant style salsa, not salsa that is served in restaraunts.

GuyOnTilt
05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were a poll about New York style pizza, would you point out that not all pizza from New York is made that way?

I'm talking about restaurant style salsa, not salsa that is served in restaraunts.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is restaurant style salsa? Your poll still sucks.

GoT

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

WTF is restaurant style salsa?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so much for you with the knowing of the food and whatnot.

[ QUOTE ]
Your poll still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for wasting valuable OOT time that would be better served discussing who likes what type of cheese or golf club more.

CardSharpCook
05-07-2005, 10:34 PM
All I know is that if it can store for any amount of time over 3 days - it ain't salsa in my book.

And actually "salsa" means "sauce". The bomb [censored] that we all call salsa - you know chunky with chopped up tomato, peppers, onions - that's "pico de gallo".

"chutney" and "curry". They both mean differently than the avg american thinks. Chutney means "sauce" - can be a wide range of ingredients/textures. Curry refers to the base of the dish - a single unifying and complex flavor. Whatever, point is, pico de gallo is the sheet. Pace sucks donkey balls.

CSC

GuyOnTilt
05-07-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF is restaurant style salsa???

[/ QUOTE ]Not so much for you with the knowing of the food and whatnot.

[/ QUOTE ]

English only please.

[ QUOTE ]
My apologies for wasting valuable OOT time that would be better served discussing who likes what type of cheese or golf club more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying salsa is a dumb topic; I'm saying your poll is dumb. Restaurant salsa will vary huge and a lot of it will be chunky. It's like if I made a poll asking which are better: Ford trucks or pickup trucks.

GoT

fluxrad
05-07-2005, 10:43 PM
You just admitted you have no idea what "restaurant style" salsa is. Wouldn't that mean that perhaps instead of the poll being dumb, you just aren't qualified at this point in time to answer it?

SackUp
05-08-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You just admitted you have no idea what "restaurant style" salsa is. Wouldn't that mean that perhaps instead of the poll being dumb, you just aren't qualified at this point in time to answer it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You are a POLLTARD!

You should have given some explanation or something. Get it together!

fluxrad
05-08-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. You are a POLLTARD!

You should have given some explanation or something. Get it together!

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately for you, my polls aren't written for the lowest common denominator.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-08-2005, 01:08 AM
I knew what he was talking about.

stabn
05-08-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

stabn
05-08-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

that's "pico de gallo".

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Pico is technically a spicy relish and is typically dryer than a 'chunky' salsa.

Also, almost everyone knows that curry is a spice.

AncientPC
05-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Anything with tomato paste / sauce in it is salsa or "sauce." Pico de gallo uses similar ingredients except usually with lemon juice and cilantro.

I didn't know anyone dipped chips into pico de gallo, I've always used it in homemade tacos / fajitas mostly.

Another really good dip is jalapeno ranch.

Sponger15SB
05-08-2005, 02:04 AM
in this thread...

fluxrad > GoT

stabn
05-08-2005, 02:09 AM
no.

GuyOnTilt
05-08-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in this thread...

fluxrad > GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? His poll choices are retarded. Plus he responded to a phrase of mine that he quoted with a completely unintelligible string of words. Apparently they changed the code so I can't make a poll unless it's the first post in the thread, but this his choices are along the same line as these:

Which is better?

-Sony TV's
-Flatscreen TV's

GoT

Sponger15SB
05-08-2005, 02:13 AM
You are just as clueless as GoT.

Sponger15SB
05-08-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in this thread...

fluxrad > GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? His poll choices are retarded. Plus he responded to a phrase of mine that he quote with a completely unintelligible jumble of words. Apparently they changed the code so I can't make a poll unless it's the first post in the thread, but this his choices are along the same line as these:

Which is better?

-Sony TV's
-Flatscreen TV's

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

He is talking about "restaurant style" and "chunky style"

These can never be the same thing.

GuyOnTilt
05-08-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He is talking about "restaurant style" and "chunky style"

These can never be the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo, when I get salsa at a restaurant that is chunky, which I often do, they are serving me something other than "restaurant"?

GoT

YourFoxyGrandma
05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
They're different kinds. It doesn't have anything to do with where you get them.

Sponger15SB
05-08-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Soooo, when I get salsa at a restaurant that is chunky, which I often do, they are serving me something other than "restaurant"?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are still hung up on the fact you couldn't infer "restaurant style" and "chunky style" from his poll.

But yeah, it wouldn't be "restaurant style" salsa.

fluxrad
05-08-2005, 02:31 AM
Sponger is correct.

GoT: If you're in New York, and you get some deep dish pizza...do you call it New York style?

Sponger15SB
05-08-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're in New York, and you get some deep dish pizza...do you call it New Yorstyle?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its chunky style.

However, its in a restaurant....so....wait, what was the question?

fluxrad
05-08-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're in New York, and you get some deep dish pizza...do you call it New Yorstyle?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its chunky style.

However, its in a restaurant....so....wait, what was the question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I'm drunk on Harp now. I'll stop with the analogies.

edfurlong
05-08-2005, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that's "pico de gallo".

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Pico is technically a spicy relish and is typically dryer than a 'chunky' salsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Curry is not "a" spice.

Robnaldo
05-08-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that's "pico de gallo".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curry is not "a" spice.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a state of mind, to be one with the earth.

uw_madtown
05-08-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are still hung up on the fact you couldn't infer "restaurant style" and "chunky style" from his poll.

But yeah, it wouldn't be "restaurant style" salsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main problem here is that no one except you and flux have heard soupy salsa commonly referred to as "restaurant style."

I've never heard that before in my life.

DBowling
05-08-2005, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the main problem here is that no one except you and flux have heard soupy salsa commonly referred to as "restaurant style."

I've never heard that before in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. when i saw the thread title, and poll, i thought about the salsa at my local mexican restaurant vs chunky store bought salsa.

thatpfunk
05-08-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, WTF are you talking about? A relish?

Pico de gallo is chopped tomato, onion, pepper, cilantro, etc. It can be "dry" or "wet." It is "chunky" salsa by definition.

stabn
05-08-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

that's "pico de gallo".

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curry is not "a" spice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright so it's a powder made of many spices. Same thing.

Blarg
05-08-2005, 05:05 PM
It's been fun to watch this thread get more and more retarded. And I guess this post was my contribution.