PDA

View Full Version : Whose got big balls?

krishanleong
05-07-2005, 08:28 PM
I DO!!!

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac 7d (one pair, sevens).
MP has As 5h (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.20 BB. </font>

Last hand of the orbit. Raising A7o is not standard for me. I don't need to get preflop counseling. Villian is 57/1 and could have any 2 suited.

Krishan

7ontheline
05-07-2005, 08:33 PM
What is your read on villain's postflop aggression? If he would bet any piece of the board, then gutsy but not bad play. Fine, especially if you're changing things up a little. If he only bets a Q, well. . .

mperich
05-07-2005, 08:36 PM
It's ok. I'd say pretty close to EV neutral. I probably bet the turn tho. Also your pfr is fine..I raise this 2/3 times UTG according to ptracker.

-Mike

JrJordan
05-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Do you have odds to make this turn call? Considering BB's three bet, I think you need to discount your A outs a bit, and your paired 7 outs might not be good either if he has a Q. Unless you were planning on calling down anyway, I think I fold this turn.

Edit: [censored], didn't see the gutshot. Makes the turn call a little easier, but damn it's still pretty close. When the river hits I probably wimp out and check/call, cause it sure seems like he's playing an overpair at this point.

krishanleong
05-07-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have odds to make this turn call? Considering BB's three bet, I think you need to discount your A outs a bit, and your paired 7 outs might not be good either if he has a Q. Unless you were planning on calling down anyway, I think I fold this turn.

Edit: [censored], didn't see the gutshot. Makes the turn call a little easier, but damn it's still pretty close. When the river hits I probably wimp out and check/call, cause it sure seems like he's playing an overpair at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you considering the read of any 2 suited? I think an overpair is giving this particular opponent too much credit.

Krishan

Jeff W
05-07-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering BB's three bet, I think you need to discount your A outs a bit, and your paired 7 outs might not be good either if he has a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB folded the turn, so if anyone counterfeits his Ace outs, it is MP.

Jeff W
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Great river check-raise--combination bluff-catcher and value bet.

JrJordan
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
My bad. For some reason thought MP was the preflop raiser, and went with the 1% PFR stat. Didn't even consider BB in the hand first time around. This leads me to another question then, why the flop bet? Doesn't look like you have a lot of folding equity and could get raised by MP or BB. Having bet the flop, I like the turn check/call because again no real folding equity with MP in (maybe get BB to fold with another turn bet?) and you'd really like to see a showdown for 1BB instead of 2.

River: I'd rather bet out than try the c/r. If he has a Q, then your bet might just get him to call instead of raising for you to lose 2BB. Also, a lower pair (4 or maybe a 5) could check through if you try the c/r.

Surfbullet
05-07-2005, 10:29 PM
If villain is the type of player to value bet his flopped baby pair on the turn against a pfr and flop aggressor, then he will frequently bet again on the river, especially when it is heads-up.

The beauty of the river raise is that he will only be 3bet by better hands, virtually never worse ones, while hands such as a Q etc will fail to punish him.

Additionally, by the river this guy is calling the raise with any pair, given the way he played the hand.

Surf

krishanleong
05-09-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The beauty of the river raise is that he will only be 3bet by better hands, virtually never worse ones, while hands such as a Q etc will fail to punish him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great analysis Surf. I think there are times where we get to the river with hand that is probably best that we didn't expect to make. I think a river checkraise is much better than break even in this spot.

I think knowing when to cr the river with mediocre holdings is akin to value betting AK. Something you do once in a while but just doesn't come up that often.

Krishan

Noodles
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
i dont like the river cr at all,do you think he will call a CR with worse than 7's? is he that bad,if you suspect he is outright bluffing then a CR is no use at all,
id rather check/call

krishanleong
05-09-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the river cr at all,do you think he will call a CR with worse than 7's? is he that bad,if you suspect he is outright bluffing then a CR is no use at all,
id rather check/call

[/ QUOTE ]

I think lots of people will call with worse than 7s. Checkraising a bluff is not useless. Sometimes people will call with a bluff and if you pay attention to image, you can work in a couple of free showdowns as well as feeling better about future river bets being the real thing.

Krishan

wheelz
05-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I got to value bet AK yesterday, such a good feeling /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyways, I don't really understand the flop bet here either. Having said that, I can't remember the last time I got 3-bet pf then checked to on a 5 high flop, so I don't know what I'd do. What was your plan with the flop bet?

krishanleong
05-09-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got to value bet AK yesterday, such a good feeling /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyways, I don't really understand the flop bet here either. Having said that, I can't remember the last time I got 3-bet pf then checked to on a 5 high flop, so I don't know what I'd do. What was your plan with the flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm ahead on the flop. It's a value bet. If anyone folds, that's good too.

Krishan