PDA

View Full Version : What do we think?

krishanleong
05-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks,<font color="#CC3333"> Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

SB is a complete idiot. He is 66/33. He isn't horrible postflop. Button is loose passive preflop and postflop. Somthing like 35/7.

Krishan

mperich
05-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Looks pretty standard. You have the equity to cap 3bet on the flop if SB is a donk. The only question is do you fold the river unimproved if button keeps firing. Probably.

-Mike

juggernaut
05-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Postflop looks solid to me.

Do you still call preflop if SB is a non-idiot player you respect?

7ontheline
05-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I would, getting 5:1 on my money against a steal-raise, in position against SB, with a decent though not great offsuit K.

wheelz
05-07-2005, 09:00 PM
I don't know about the preflop, but the postflop I like.

krishanleong
05-07-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about the preflop, but the postflop I like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like everyone so far like it. I didn't actually play the hand this way. I edited the hand history. I think I played it better.

Krishan

wheelz
05-07-2005, 09:17 PM
you and your trick posts...

7ontheline
05-07-2005, 09:19 PM
You sneaky little. . .

Wynton
05-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Actually, the only thing I wonder about is checking the turn. I'm not saying it's wrong. Just wonder how the turn check should appear to your opponents, considering the prior actions.

krishanleong
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the only thing I wonder about is checking the turn. I'm not saying it's wrong. Just wonder how the turn check should appear to your opponents, considering the prior actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suggest a bet? I think that's overplaying the hand. A check looks like I don't have a hand that matches up well against a flop cap. (And I don't)

Krishan

Jeff W
05-07-2005, 10:27 PM
That is how I play it, except I'd fold pre flop against the button you described. Pre flop doesn't matter much either way.

krishanleong
05-07-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is how I play it, except I'd fold pre flop against the button you described. Pre flop doesn't matter much either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Waht do you think?

Krishan

Jeff W
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I am worried that button will check behind on the river given your read that he is passive post flop. It's hard to put him on a hand, because passive players don't cap flush draws on the flop.

wheelz
05-07-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm with Jeff here. What were you putting button on? Really strange...

edit: it's gotta be JJ or TT with a heart, right?

krishanleong
05-08-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with Jeff here. What were you putting button on? Really strange...

edit: it's gotta be JJ or TT with a heart, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice. He had JJ with a heart.

Krishan

wheelz
05-08-2005, 12:08 AM
I didn't see it at first, because I couln't put button on a hand, but it's all so clear now. The river cr is beautiul /images/graemlins/smile.gif

billyjex
05-08-2005, 12:52 AM
that's a tough river checkraise for me. maybe it's just because I've been whiffing on so many C/r lately I feel like betting out is just better. but you had him read pretty well, nice play.

congrats on 1600 posts and being a pooh bah I always enjoy reading your posts on this forum.

SlyGuy
05-08-2005, 03:15 AM
Can someone explain the 3 bet on the flop? I am just picking up 6 max. Some of the aggresion i see here seems misplaced.

Surfbullet
05-08-2005, 04:31 AM
The river c/r is sweet, but he has to have aces, queens, or a big heart to pull it off... IMHO you'll get paid off by many 1 pair hands that wont bet the river, so you have a bet here instead of a c/r.

If you have some sort of read on your opponnent I could see a c/r...but this is one scary board for the villain, and in my experience it will get checked behind too often to go for it here.

Surf

Jeff W
05-08-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice. He had JJ with a heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonders never cease.

wheelz
05-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Yes I would definitely be betting here myself, but if he check-raised the river because he was able to put his opponent on one of those hands... all the power to him.

Wynton
05-08-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suggest a bet? I think that's overplaying the hand. A check looks like I don't have a hand that matches up well against a flop cap. (And I don't)

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose I was just contemplating whether the lack of deception at that point makes a difference, and I guess it really doesn't.

Occassionally, I think I get myself in a trap by semi-bluffing a flop and suddenly feeling compelled to continue on the turn, even when , as here, you're not going to win without the best hand at showdown.

Bluffoon
05-08-2005, 10:02 AM
FPS

I would check raise the river here only against a relentlessly aggressive opponent.

Guy McSucker
05-08-2005, 11:29 AM
I think I prefer betting the river to going for the check-raise:

- if he has a hand like A9, he'll probably call but wouldn't bet if we checked

- if he has a heart, he'll at least call and might raise, and then we can three-bet.

The presence of the SB in the pot makes this a little more complicated since if button bets, SB might call and then we get to check-raise them both, but I think on balance the chance that it gets checked through is too high, and if he has a bigish heart the chance he'll raise us is fairly reasonable too.

How would you play if the river were the 3 of hearts?

Guy.

krishanleong
05-09-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I prefer betting the river to going for the check-raise:

- if he has a hand like A9, he'll probably call but wouldn't bet if we checked

- if he has a heart, he'll at least call and might raise, and then we can three-bet.

The presence of the SB in the pot makes this a little more complicated since if button bets, SB might call and then we get to check-raise them both, but I think on balance the chance that it gets checked through is too high, and if he has a bigish heart the chance he'll raise us is fairly reasonable too.

How would you play if the river were the 3 of hearts?

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are the first person to point out the SB as a factor influencing the cr decision. It's a very important one as I think SB is quite a bad player and will call lots of hands for 1 bet that he won't call for 2.

A9 is stretching the range of capping hands for SB to have.

On the flop I put him on an overpair or big heart.

On the turn I put him on TTJJ or the Ah.

If the 2H came instead of the A I think I would have check-called or bet-called.

Krishan