PDA

View Full Version : Weekends at the Party's $10+1...

suited_ace
05-07-2005, 07:53 PM
The extra amount of fish calling me with anything from Ax to JTo is doing me no good. My FE is almost inexistent.

What I want to know is if you feel the difference as well, and if you do, do you adapt your play during weekends? What adaptations do you make?

Chiron
05-10-2005, 04:29 AM
Not feeling it... 7 players left at level 5 on all 4 tables

DasLeben
05-10-2005, 04:40 AM
This is an old topic (yeah, I consider 3 days as old /images/graemlins/wink.gif), but I just don't play on weekends on Party skins. My ROI tends to suffer a bit since I don't get the usual folks racing AJo vs fives all-in in level 1.

Chiron
05-10-2005, 11:05 AM
You would think there would be more casual players on the weekends... strange phenomenon.

iluzion
05-10-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would think there would be more casual players on the weekends... strange phenomenon.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, tourney players are tougher on the weekends? in fixed limit cash games, all the loose/passives come out on teh weekend.

Blarg
05-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I've come to assume lesser folding equity than I'm probably comfortable with no matter when I play. I'm just accepting that I will need more luck when pushing at these lower level games when playing with super-amateurs, because they'll call me more regardless of their hand. You're not going to see any slick laydowns of Ax to preserve the bubble out of these guys, or even see people unwilling to commit their entire stack on ten-seven offsuit. So I just try to be extra selective about my spots and assume my hand is going to get a lot more calls than it should, and if I don't want that, I shouldn't be pushing in the first place.

Non-existent calling standards, though, make up for the harm they do to your folding equity in other ways. They mean that hands like A-x, K-x, and Q-x hold up a hell of a lot more, when they are called, and actually become hands often worth betting sheerly on the basis of value. These nuts will beat your AA calling with ten-seven offsuit, but they'll also lose to your QT calling with it, too.

flyby4553
05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
I've also found the games to be softer on weekends. However I think that makes the game in general easier. You just need to increase the quality of hands you push with, and roll with the punches. These players also greatly increase the value of low PPs and other such hands early on, as when you make your set your going to win a great deal more chips then you might in a tougher game. Overall, I would prefer to play with these types of players even if it forces me to change my strategy up a bit.