PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Game 7's tonight: Indiana/Boston, Houston/Dallas

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I want an upset, so I've got Indi taking out the Celtics on their homecourt. The C's will be energized by the crowd, but the Pacers defense will clamp down and the Celtics will kill themselves with bonehead mistakes. Reggie provides the 4th quarter dagger with some clutch shooting. Maybe just wishful thinking there.

I'm pulling for a Houston win, but I've got the Mavs winning game 7 at home. Yao has yet to show the killer instinct that he needs to compete in these high pressure games, and like it or not, T-Mac has still not proven himself. His shooting has been ridiculously good all series, regression to the mean is going to start setting in. Dirk has played game 7's before, and he has won game 7's before. He knows how to step up to the challenge. He's also due for a monster game. I predict a close game, but a dominating performance from Nowitzki.

Vince Young
05-07-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
T-Mac has still not proven himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
T-Mac has still not proven himself.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Number of playoff series Tracy Mcgrady teams have won? 0. Game 7 is a different animal than games 1, 2, and 6, especially as a visitor. It takes a special kind of player to lead his team to a playoff series win against a home team, McGrady has not proven that he is capable of that.

Edit: I think McGrady is a great player and deserves a lot of respect. He was great in the few playoffs series he played in Orlando and Toronto, and he's been great so far this year.

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 07:37 PM
thanks for creating an excellent post. ive learned a great deal about basketball from reading this.

Popinjay
05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
T-Mac will throw the hammer down. This is the biggest game of his career and he's out to prove himself. Rockets win with or without Yao.

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
T-Mac will throw the hammer down. This is the biggest game of his career and he's out to prove himself. Rockets win with or without Yao.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm hoping this is the case. If he wins this game, he becomes a true superstar. He's doing now what Kevin Garnet did last year, I just hope he can follow through as well as KG did. Smart money is still on the Mavs however.

wonderwes
05-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I have been a die-hard Rockets fan since my youth. Yao needs to step up and have the game of his life. He has his chance to prove he can win.

Its going to be close.

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to the Rockets game. First half of the Pacers game: both teams shooting 33%. Exciting. Indi's on pace for a 70-64 victory.

holeplug
05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm really looking forward to the Rockets game. First half of the Pacers game: both teams shooting 33%. Exciting. Indi's on pace for a 70-64 victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both the East 2nd round series are gonna stink. I think Miami and Detriot will lose like 1 game combined. Plus how the hell can you have "We made the 2nd round!!!" T-shirts?

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 09:05 PM
The game is getting away from the Celtics in the fourth. Their own fans are booing them. Such a shame for a team with so much talent. Great performance by the Pacers so far though.

contentless
05-07-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The game is getting away from the Celtics in the fourth. Their own fans are booing them. Such a shame for a team with so much talent. Great performance by the Pacers so far though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Celts look incredibly flat. Great talent, but Pierce/Walker are awful leaders. In Boston, the two of them are essentially the anti-Brady. I'm not ready to say it's over (see Celtics-Nets 2002), but the Celtics are totally discombobulated. It doesn't help that the Pacers are on fire, either.

Edit: I hope Reggie Miller burns to death. Sick, I know, and so wrong, but that guy has so little class on the court.

tbach24
05-07-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Celts look incredibly flat. Great talent, but Pierce/Walker are awful leaders. In Boston, the two of them are essentially the anti-Brady. I'm not ready to say it's over (see Celtics-Nets 2002), but the Celtics are totally discombobulated. It doesn't help that the Pacers are on fire, either.

Edit: I hope Reggie Miller burns to death. Sick, I know, and so wrong, but that guy has so little class on the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is really correct. Walker is done in Boston. This time for good hopefully.

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
1 for 1.

Phoenix1010
05-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Mavs up by 17 in the first half...

Vince Young
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Meh, I hate the Mavs but I'm happy for Avery Johnson.

wonderwes
05-07-2005, 11:59 PM
The rockets are getting blown out of the league

ThaSaltCracka
05-08-2005, 12:28 AM
THEY LOST BY 40 IN GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Terrabon98
05-08-2005, 12:33 AM
wow those might have been two of the most lopsided game sevens I have seen in a while...not even entertaining. I just wanted the games to be over for Boston and Houston's sake...geez

AncientPC
05-08-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
THEY LOST BY 40 IN GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Go Mavs!

Voltron87
05-08-2005, 01:50 AM
what a beating.

Phoenix1010
05-08-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I want an upset, so I've got Indi taking out the Celtics on their homecourt. The C's will be energized by the crowd, but the Pacers defense will clamp down and the Celtics will kill themselves with bonehead mistakes. Reggie provides the 4th quarter dagger with some clutch shooting. Maybe just wishful thinking there.

I'm pulling for a Houston win, but I've got the Mavs winning game 7 at home. Yao has yet to show the killer instinct that he needs to compete in these high pressure games, and like it or not, T-Mac has still not proven himself. His shooting has been ridiculously good all series, regression to the mean is going to start setting in. Dirk has played game 7's before, and he has won game 7's before. He knows how to step up to the challenge. He's also due for a monster game. I predict a close game, but a dominating performance from Nowitzki.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prediction master.

The Yugoslavian
05-08-2005, 02:47 AM
I have to say I wasn't too surprised at the teams that advanced today....however, I was quite disappointed in how neither game was competitive at all.

While I don't think Indiana has much of a chance in the next round, I actually *do* think Dallas can give Phoenix a run for their money. Dallas every year is a very weird team...they always have a bit of a funky team identity and mix and match their offense in the playoffs to get back on track even when they're blown out of a game or two. I really like their defense compared to what the Suns trot out every night. Frankly, I think Dallas' small lineup matches up quite well with Phoenix. They have just as many horses and firepower. I also fully expect Dirk to be the key to this series (in the last one Dallas could sorta get by just through the fact they were the more talented team overall)....

Unfortunately, Dallas doesn't really have the pg who can fully expose Nash for the subpar defender that he is...oh well.

Yugoslav

JaBlue
05-08-2005, 03:31 AM
All you got right was the results... you had a 1/4 chance to do that.