PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Roadtrip

Gamblor
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Sick and fed up with watchin the jays get slaughtered night after night 3 friends and i are goin on a baseball mini road trip. at the moment, only problem is we don't know where.

stipulations:
<ul type="square">
4 games in 4 days from thursday thru sunday
first game must be no earlier than 7pm thursday start
last game must be no later than sunday 1pm start.
we must see 4 different stadiums[/i]
cities must me max. 4 hr. drive from each other[/i]
first/last city must be max 7 hr. drive from toronto
proper baseball viewing rules must be adhered to (for example, any game at wrigley must be daytime)
[/list]

any one got any suggestions?

DangerGoodson
05-07-2005, 07:22 PM
If there are games in each city, you should if it fits go from toronto to detroit, to chicago, to milwaukee, to minneapolis (then to canterbury). Johan Santana will be pitching this weekend and miller park in Milwaukee is worth driving an ass load back.

tinga81
05-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Even though I am a Cubs fan, and you're possibly wanting Wrigley to be on one of your stops, try to see if you can swing a double duty in Chicago. Hit up the Cubs in the day, and head down to the southside and see the Sox at night, because they're pretty hot right now. You could try doing 5 games, 4 day deal.

If you can't make it to Chicago on this trip, try it in another city.

I like this road trip idea. Post an update when you figure out your plans.

Gamblor
05-07-2005, 07:46 PM
head down to the southside and see the Sox at night, because they're pretty hot right now.

I just watched the sox (more specifically paul konerko) light up ted lilly and matt whiteside for 5 jacks in the first 4 innings at skydome.

the only consolation was that the peanuts and beer at the dome are very good.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Detroit-Chicago-Milwaukee