PDA

View Full Version : Interesting (I think) Bubble

KingDan
05-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t4005)
BB (t205)
Hero (t790)
Button (t3000)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

BB has 5 chips after posting. I only have 4 bb, and what normally is an autopush. What I don't want to happen is to raise allin, get called by one of the two stacks, and for the BB to fold hoping I get knocked out.
I pushed anyway.

Comments?

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 06:58 PM
I play for 4th here. KQ is not good enough, and one double up will only put you at 1500.

Edit: I mean I play for 3rd here. Fold.

Iamafish
05-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Were you waiting for AA?

Nice.

EDIT:You mean you play for 3rd? Well, I noticed a 'tell' of yours, you just give up.

EDIT2:maybe im too aggressive?

EDIT3: I need to learn to read these HH better. Since your UNG, prolly not a good idea. If I was in the situation, id prolly do it tho /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Benholio
05-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Fold. I'd fold even if the BB had 199 chips, but since he has 205 chips, you especially need to fold. Any call by the Button or SB is disastrous when you push here.

KingDan
05-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Well the two large stacks know I need a good hand to make this play with, so this may improve my fold equity... But then again probably not this is only the 20+2.

To those that fold what is the minimum you need to push.

valenzuela
05-07-2005, 07:07 PM
fold and hope the BB busts, if he doesnt bust u can get him as the BB( unless he foolishly folds after doubling up)

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the two large stacks know I need a good hand to make this play with, so this may improve my fold equity... But then again probably not this is only the 20+2.

To those that fold what is the minimum you need to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think the big stacks will say "Oh, will that guy knows the other guy will be blinded out and has to have a great hand, he wouldn't do something stupid here"? They won't. This is a 22.

I will push here with QQ+.

Iamafish
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Ax sounds nice, you'll often lose to A high, so...

(Voltron87 said QQ+, nice)

Try to use your instinct here (if you gotta good one).

The only reason I may push is becuase I often hit second or first againts stacks that are tripling mine or even 3 times mine heads up.

xPuns1her
05-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Thats a sick avatar voltron. Anyway, I push here simply because I play to win and the more chips the better in this situation. 4 handed KQs is pretty good. However, it depends if I feel like playing conservative or not, in which case I would probably muck. It all depends on your game style.