PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Software to do Simulations

ZeeJustin
05-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm looking for a peice of software that can do either or both of the following:

1) Rank all starting hands by equity against a range of hands. I know Pokerstove can do this if I want to enter in each hand 1 at a time, but that's not very reasonable.

2) I push QQ in the CO. The Button calls with X range of hands. SB calls with Y range of hands. BB calls with Z range of hads. My stack is 1000. Everyone has me covered. Blinds are 150/300. What's my equity? How often do I go bust? How often do I double up?

-thanks in advance
-ZJ

OrianasDaad
05-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I believe that turbo texas holdem and poki poker academy do these things.

Nottom
05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking for a peice of software that can do either or both of the following:

1) Rank all starting hands by equity against a range of hands. I know Pokerstove can do this if I want to enter in each hand 1 at a time, but that's not very reasonable.

2) I push QQ in the CO. The Button calls with X range of hands. SB calls with Y range of hands. BB calls with Z range of hads. My stack is 1000. Everyone has me covered. Blinds are 150/300. What's my equity? How often do I go bust? How often do I double up?

-thanks in advance
-ZJ

[/ QUOTE ]

#2 sounds exactly like Eastbay's SNG tool (http://sitngo-analyzer.com/).

The one thing it doesn't account for is overcalls (i.e. if the button picks up JJ and calls it doesn't check to see if one of the blinds has KK), but that may be coming soon.

For #1, you are going to almost certainly need to find a programmer to do it for you (shouldn't be terribly difficult to program) or just plug-n'-chug with Pokerstove.

poincaraux
05-08-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a programmer? Andrew Prock was willing to give me a command-line version of pokerstove under certain conditions (I did a reasonable writeup (http://www.pokerstove.com/analysis/allin.php) of my stuff and it ended up on his website, etc.). It took me only a few minutes to write some Python code to wrap calls to the pokerstove executable. I've also heard good things about pokersource (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pokersource/), but I haven't tried it myself.

Do you have specific ranges of starting hands in mind? In the page linked to above, I only did the calculations for "all hands" and "Top N% of pre-flop hands," but it would be easy to do the same thing with any range. And, I'd be interested in doing it for other useful ranges. I can send you/post tables with the equity numbers if you give me ranges.

If you're not a programmer, you should think about becomming one. Basic stuff really isn't that hard. I'd recommend starting with a simple language like Python (very easy to learn, you can write useful programs very quickly, and pokersource comes with Python bindings).