PDA

View Full Version : Tough spot with AA?

dtbog
05-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Situation: Any 100BB NL Hold'em table. (We'll say 1/2 NL)

Hero, in the CO, sees a standard raise ($6) and a reraise ($14) in front of him. Hero makes it $30 straight. Everyone folds around to preflop reraiser, who thinks for a good amount of time and calls. Stacks are 100BB.. in this case $200.

Flop (~$70): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain bets $22. Hero ?

What do you do if you have...

1) AA
2) AK
3) QQ

?

What's your plan for the rest of the hand if you have AA?

-dB

fuzzbox
05-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Do you have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif ?

Flat call.

AA - flat call. Plan to call down if he keeps betting smallish. Maybe rethink if he makes a real bet or you get a good read. The only realistic thing that beats you is KK. Its important to know if you have the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. If not, then it is more likely that villain has a flush draw (maybe AQs or something. If you have it then you are a whole lot less scared of another spade.

AK - same plan (A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif might get busy here).

QQ - dont make it 30 in the first place, and fold.

Tough hand - but I flat call and see a turn.

dtbog
05-07-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only realistic thing that beats you is KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.. unfortunately, that's by far the most likely hand that he's holding.

I don't have A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, but my only thought at this point was that he flopped a set of Kings. Why the flat call, though? The pot will be huge, and a half-pot bet on the turn will basically amount to an all-in, to which I will probably have to lay down my aces unimproved.

Unfortunately, no action seems good to me here.. what % of the time do you think the average $200max villain would have KK here?

-dB

DoubleDown
05-07-2005, 08:46 PM
with AK and QQ I would not have put in another re-raise preflop.

With AA, on that flop after villain bets $22 -- I raise to $90, hope to get my stack in here or on the turn.

I call a flop re-raise as villain would probably play AA or AK similar to KK here.

dtbog
05-07-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call a flop re-raise as villain would probably play AA or AK similar to KK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you see this line preflop from villains holding AK?

-dB

PoBoy321
05-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Wait, I don't understand the pre-flop action. Did the villain raise to $6 or $14?

dtbog
05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Villain made the re-raise to $14.

-dB