PDA

View Full Version : San Diego cardrooms/geography/transportation

georgejetson
05-07-2005, 05:09 PM
I'll be in SD next week and would like to spend a day or two playing LLHE (up to 6-12). I've searched this forum for previous, similar posts, but... I need a little more info than the usual 'who's got the best games?'

I've never been to SD and probably won't have a car. I'm staying in Coronado, so my decision on where to play may come down to location, location, location. Can anyone tell me where the nearest rooms are, and any tips on getting around? Like how's the public transportation? What about cabs? Outrageously expensive, or just regular expensive?

If there are multiple rooms about the same distance away, then please feel free to add opinions on quality of games, comps, etc.

Thanks much,

George

MelchyBeau
05-07-2005, 08:36 PM
how old are you? most rooms are 18+, but Oceans 11 is 21+.

I'll tell you right now that the card rooms are going to be a long trip for you to get to. Viejas has the easiest limit game around, I think it will be about 25+ miles from where you are. Most card rooms are roughly the same distance.

sorry bub. You'll probably need a car, or catch a taxi. I don't think there is a way around it.

Melch

jayboo
05-07-2005, 08:56 PM
S.D. does have some public transportation but it's not great. You could take the train to east S.D. and i know Viejas has shuttle buses from different locations around the county so if you contact them you can prob get the schedual. Youre best option is renting a car though, that way you can go where ever, whenever. Good luck.