PDA

View Full Version : Fossilman, you got some 'splaining to do!

otnemem
05-07-2005, 04:13 PM
What's with the K-7 call at HU championship?

Hold'me
05-07-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's with the K-7 call at HU championship?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a K-6o and Kathy Liebert had A-5o. Kathy hit a pair of fives on the flop and went all-in and Raymer called her, it's hard to tell how the hand played out because that's all the coverage shows you. I assume Greg put her on a draw and figured K high was good at that point.

sfcard
05-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't think he necessarily thinks King high is good and she is on a draw, though its very poissible. I think she was short at this point and when she just called the raise before the flop he read her for a stop and go. Maybe he figured if she was planning to move in on any flop, he was calling any flop. Greg talked about making a similar type of play against Layne Flack. Not saying I'm right, just thought I would throw it out there.

Card

twankerr
05-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Yah her play looked a lot like a stop-n-go, and maybe it was and she just happened to hit those 5s.

Sponger15SB
05-07-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume Greg put her on a draw and figured K high was good at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah she had the ol' two pair / trips draw

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

trying2learn
05-07-2005, 05:29 PM
the look on kathy's face when the king hits the turn is priceless.

i really can't stand her ever since her crying and moaning for an hour straight during that PSI II episode.

Smoothcall
05-07-2005, 05:57 PM
This is exactly right! i know this for a fact.

Greg (FossilMan)
05-07-2005, 07:27 PM
As others have said, I read her for a stop-and-go play, and therefore I decided before she did it that I would call no matter what flopped.

I just got lucky it worked out favorably.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

curtains
05-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Greg, what is your reasoning for raising to your amount instead of simply moving allin to begin with?

David Sklansky
05-08-2005, 01:17 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Greg was getting almost 3-1 when the flop bet was made. Given that, no deep psychological analysis was necessary. If she would bet any pair, and sometimes less, the call would be right if there was as little as a ten percent chance she couldn't beat a king.

curtains
05-08-2005, 01:40 AM
I think he was actually getting something closer to 2-1.

GuruCane
05-08-2005, 02:46 AM
I have never been one of those "I kiss the world champion's ass no matter what the situation" posters.

However, your nonpretentious honesty is fantastic. Logic dictates that even good/great players have to get lucky in this game and you have the stones to admit it (ahem, Mike M, take a lesson). A lawyer and a poker player and no attitude? You need therapy.

And I am glad that you snuffed that nasty "C U next tuesday" anyhow. The makeover did no good.

flawless_victory
05-08-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]you think wrong.

AEKDBet
05-08-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he figured if she was planning to move in on any flop

[/ QUOTE ]

daveymck
05-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Thought this thread was about the British Poker Open where greg spent three hours flirting with Evelyn Ng, if his wife was watching he would have had some explaining to do.

One example she was cold in the studio Greg offered honourably to take turns in cuddling her.

There were some other comedy moments courtesy of gregs poker bag which I am surprised he was allowed in the studio.

Great performance though easy victory in the end.

curtains
05-08-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? What was the situation? I thought it was something like 4000 in the pot and he had to call a 4000 allin bet, that was almost exactly the size of the pot.

(Ok rewatched it, it was definitely 2-1, almost exactly. The pot had 4400 in it, and she moved allin for 4300 on the flop. Hence he had to call 4300 to win 8700)

Sundevils21
05-08-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you think he thinks wrong
you actually think wrong