PDA

View Full Version : Do you call here?

1C5
05-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Raiser did not stand out at all (average VPIP numbers).

Why or why not?

I dont see him having AA or KK here as he would want some action with those. I put him on a small-med PP or AQ.

So, call or muck? Notice the chip stacks, I would be the lowest at the taable if I folded.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1260)
UTG (t1755)
MP (t1420)
Button (t1710)
SB (t1855)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1755 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero ?

Shilly
05-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I think I'd call here.

Like you said, his monster raise probably means it's not AA or KK. I wouldn't be surprised to see AQ-AJ, maybe another AK, or some medium pocket pairs. You really need to solidify your chip position (and get some chips to steal with), and I think this is a great spot to do it.

1C5
05-07-2005, 03:53 PM
As for Eastbay's program, it is a tough one because if you put the raiser on Tight, it is fold and if you put him on Aggressive it is a call.

Jman28
05-07-2005, 04:03 PM
In reality, I'd have trouble folding this, but I think it might be correct. It's a tough one.

Besides AK, AQ, and pocket pairs, I dont know what he'd do this with...

You should be pretty close to a coin flip against what I put him on.

AK,AQ,88-JJ = you're almost 53%

I have no idea of a good range though.

-Jman28

Scuba Chuck
05-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm beginning to have problems with Eastbays' program. I wish I had more control of the handranges.

Here's the issue. I seriously believe you can remove AA and likely KK from the hand range in this scenario. That doesn't mean villain couldn't have 22 or something. Hell even if villain had 22, I'm not sure I'd call here either.

This is a great question. I think it's a reflection of really understanding this game. I would give you far more credit as an SNG player for folding this hand than calling with it.

Bigwig
05-07-2005, 04:42 PM
No, I'm not likely to call this. If raiser had simply made it 3 or 4BB, I'd come over the top. But this type of opening raise (17BB push) generally comes from several types of hands (77-TT, &amp; AK). I stay away from massive overbets preflop without premium pairs or a stack situation that dictates my play must be changed. I think, for example, that if you were sitting on a 5-6BB stack that I'd call in a flash with AK, or maybe even 99 &amp; TT. But you've still got 12BB and I think you should muck here.