PDA

View Full Version : screamo concert last night

trying2learn
05-07-2005, 03:35 PM
so i went and saw the used last night at the hard rock.

i have to say, that although this genre has turned into the new slew of boy-band-like hysteria that i hate - this band blew the roof off the place! the drummer and guitar player were both tight as hell, and that kid can f'n sing and scream like no-one i've ever seen. i seriously had chills a couple times.

i just thought it was interesting that i thought i was going to have a horrible night and i ended up being impressed as hell.

maybe it just says something about expectations going into things...i don't know.

IndieMatty
05-07-2005, 04:52 PM
I dont like them, but I can see how this is entirely true.

Joe826
05-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I use to really like them when I was heavy into the screamo/pop-punk type stuff. Unfortunately their new CD is really bad /images/graemlins/frown.gif. Burt does have a pretty damn good scream though.

NoTalent
05-07-2005, 06:22 PM
The "Sounds of the Underground" tour this summer looks to be pretty sick

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Worst Genre Ever. Ever. Ever.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-07-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like them, but I can see how this is entirely true.

[/ QUOTE ]

trying2learn
05-07-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst Genre Ever. Ever. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

see, i'm not so sure i disagree with you. but i've been to many, many shows over the past 12 years or so...and it's rare that i'm that impressed, out of the blue.

going to see pearl jam you expect to be blown away...i just thought last night was going to amount to a headache when it was quite the opposite. i'd recommend the show highly.