PDA

View Full Version : Weekend vs Weeknight, what is fishier?

1C5
05-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I am sttting to play some SnGs now (Saturday afternnon) and there are only 42,000 players online.

Compare to weeknights when I see 70,000+ online.

So why do people here say the weekend is the best time to play when there are almost twice as many player during weeknights? (more players=more fish).

J-Lo
05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Many of the regulars from weeknights take weekends off. However, i agree-- the play on the weekends (during the day) isn't any different from the early evening hours. The late evening and early night hours are the best-- but especially fishy on the weekend nights where the drunks play.

I don't know if i have a significant sample size-- but my roi is significanlty lower on Monday + tuesday nights and saturday afternoons compared to wed-sunday nights.

Blarg
05-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I think on Saturday daytimes you get lots of people doing things they might be good at, but they have no time to do during the week because they have regular busy lives to lead, they're at work, etc. That could be anything from woodworking to rollerblading to playing basketball or chess or poker. And Saturday is their special, all to themselves day where they can just have fun. Sunday is for family, church, homework, chores, etc.

Plus on Saturday afternoons, people generally aren't tired yet and maybe feel better than at any other time during the week, having slept late, and they aren't nursing as many emotional pressures left over from a long work day, and they aren't drunk yet. So they're doing something they've looked forward to all week, while in the best condition and mindset, and something they might be decent and motivated at.

Now, Saturday evening, some of those guys are gone out to have a fun evening, some are tired, some have been playing too long, some are drunk or stoned, etc. Add in all the regular weekend newbies, crazies and drunks, and it makes for a good poker night.

lorinda
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Courtesy of Waffle. (http://matt.mondrary.com/poker/stats/)

Lori

tech
05-07-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So why do people here say the weekend is the best time to play when there are almost twice as many player during weeknights?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people usually say Friday and Saturday nights are the best times, not during the day.

buddybudrow
05-07-2005, 04:26 PM
The biggest thing I noticed in waffle's data is the drop in # of 2+2 readers on the weekends. Probably safe to assume this correlates to less 2+2 players. Maybe this is why the weekends seem softer than weeknights. Fewer top notch players.

willperkins
05-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I too have wondered about the fishiness of weeknight vs. weekend. It seems to me that there are a lot more fish on the weekend. Below is my ROI for the year that I pulled off of Aleo's spreadsheet that I use.

I have a full time job so I only have time to play around two tourneys every night and about 12 tourneys on the weekends.

Below is my ROI. It is a small sample of only 309 tourneys which is the total number I have played since Jan 1st. All are 10/1 (80% on PP and PS, a few on Paradise and Full Tilt)

ROI
45.7% -Mon
5.7% - Tue
44.6%-Wed
34.2%-Thu
4.7%-Fr
3.7%-Sat
9.1%-Sun

I struggle on the weekends and Tuesday for some reason. Although the sampling may be way too small.

Do other 2+2ers who play more than I show the same reults of weekend to weeknight performance?

Bigwig
05-07-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but especially fishy on the weekend nights where the drunks play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm drunk 23/7.

J-Lo
05-07-2005, 05:47 PM
big wig, what are u doing for 1 hr each day where u aren't drunk?

Bigwig
05-07-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
big wig, what are u doing for 1 hr each day where u aren't drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Masturbating.

tminus
05-07-2005, 06:40 PM
interesting
you can clearly see the effect my tilt episodes have on the 06:00 segment