PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: douchebag 2+2 member at 1-2NL foxwoods last night

BISCO
05-07-2005, 02:32 PM
some jerkoff with a popped collar and a sweater wouldnt shut up about 2+2 and pokertracker last night bragging to every person that would listen about the forums here as well as pokertracker, announcing his self proclaimed amazing read abilities.....you know....most good players dont brag when they win a pot after pushing with pocket aces because ANY JACKASS CAN WIN A POT WITH ACES

nobody at the table was impressed that you could shuffle your checks for 60 seconds straight EVERY TIME action was on you. my advice is to kill yourself.

toots
05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Sorry I missed the fun. Too bad there isn't some way you can slap an RFID tag on him so others will know him when they see him.

BISCO
05-07-2005, 02:38 PM
this was at around 3am-ish and i was the kid with long hair, beard, white t-shirt and sandals on incase the aforementioned wannabe preppy douchebag wants to out himself

CaptObvious
05-07-2005, 04:13 PM
*L* That's great, Bisco. Man, what a putz. I love self-absorbed guys (or gals, for that matter) like that at the table. As annoying as it is, it's almost comical in a way, you know what I mean.

Bremen
05-07-2005, 04:30 PM
should've trolled him to find out his screenname. Then again he probably isn't a regular poster :-\ Mostly I think taking his chips would have been justice enough.

dogmeat
05-07-2005, 04:45 PM
What is the point of your post?

Not everybody in the world is the same as you - thank goodness.

You need to learn to accept different personality traits at the table, and adjust your game to exploit them. Beyond that, relax and enjoy yourself. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SheridanCat
05-07-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don' talk about 2+2 at the table. I thought this was pretty clear.

Regards,

T

BISCO
05-07-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don' talk about 2+2 at the table. I thought this was pretty clear.

Regards,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo.

not only that, but the pokertracker talk actually seemed to scare some of the players that you are allowed to "cheat" like that referring to datamining. whatever happened to not tapping the glass, dipshit?

smoore
05-07-2005, 05:11 PM
The first rule of 2+2 is that you DONT TALK ABOUT 2+2!

I point people to 21ace.com ("d00d, they have the BEST chip tricks!) or texas-holdempoker.com if they ask myself and another 2+2'er wtf we're talking about.

His PT blatherings just mark him as a dumbass tank-tapper. I did show my setup to my home-game buddies and it sufficiently scared the crap out of them... I told them to just practice good game selection and look out for multitabling TAGs, but the ones that it scared are the ones that don't "trust" online poker anyway... yet they trust me with a deck of cards, strange.

So was the preppie any good?

edit: oh, and I think that PT + a HUD = cheating but I'm a cheater I guess, 'cause I'm not going to stop. Using a mechanical device to help make decisions is cheating in a card game, IMO.

CCx
05-07-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some jerkoff with a popped collar

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here, but I'm going to assume you smacked him in the head on this premise alone.

BottlesOf
05-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I loved this post.

Triumph36
05-07-2005, 05:55 PM
How's he going to find this thread? You addressed it to a 'douchebag'. He might be reading this forum right now and think: 'Well, I'm not a douchebag, everyone loves me. So why should I read this?'

DrPublo
05-07-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How's he going to find this thread? You addressed it to a 'douchebag'. He might be reading this forum right now and think: 'Well, I'm not a douchebag, everyone loves me. So why should I read this?'

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this fear every day.

The Doc

zombies kill
05-07-2005, 07:11 PM
um is there a reason you didnt just tell him to shut up? if i was there i certainly would have done it for you. so next time, dont be a v and just pull the kid aside and tell him loose lips get him fd up. its funner that way too

Luv2DriveTT
05-07-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here, but I'm going to assume you smacked him in the head on this premise alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey... I resemble this remark.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Dominic
05-07-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You read it.

HitHard69
05-07-2005, 08:35 PM
It wouldnt happen to be this guy (http://factualmaterial.com/douchebag.htm) would it?

whiskeytown
05-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Foxwoods?

Musta been fossilman - he's been all smarmy ever since he won a tourney last yr. /images/graemlins/grin.gif - were his eyes all weird looking?

I'll often mention playing online, but usually won't mention 2+2 except in passing as a forum - if they don't know it, I don't explain it - and I always, ALWAYS tell them I'm Whiskeytown /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've only been recognized once though - in a tourney at Canterbury -

RB

itsmarty
05-07-2005, 09:32 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Were we to lock the door on 10/11/04?

Martin

smoore
05-07-2005, 09:46 PM
it was a joke, man... lighten up.

MicroBob
05-07-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ATTN: douchebag 2+2 member

[/ QUOTE ]

You called???

Oh wait...I don't play at Foxwoods.

toots
05-07-2005, 09:59 PM
But discussion of recipes for cooking trout is still allowed, right?

radek2166
05-08-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wyh yes you do! LMAO

feelixthegreek
05-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Rather than tell him to shut up, I would aggressively contradict everything he said about 2+2 just to smog up the debate and plant the seed of doubt in peoples' minds about the site's relative worth. And I'd talk about what a ripoff PT is. Northeasterners are cynics and fatalists by nature, so they'd be more inclined to believe me.

AviD
05-09-2005, 11:31 AM
This is the funniest thread I've read in like a week. Good job!

Quote of the day:

[ QUOTE ]
nobody at the table was impressed that you could shuffle your checks for 60 seconds straight EVERY TIME action was on you. my advice is to kill yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

AviD
05-09-2005, 11:32 AM
So are you saying it was you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AviD
05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I saw your name posting under CCx's comments and thought the same thing...

You and CCx should swap looks for a day. You can shave your head and get some tattoos, and CCx can get pimped out in Armani with a popped collar! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wes ManTooth
05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It wouldnt happen to be this guy (http://factualmaterial.com/douchebag.htm) would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent... when i read the "collar" part all I could think of was that guy

AviD
05-09-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Popped collar: No. This just enhances your overly apparent douchebaggedness. When you buy a collared shirt, it comes with the collars folded over exactly how they should be. Leave them alone. Why do you want to hide your neck so bad? Don't want to show off that hickie you got last night from that dumb slut you slipped some rufies? Because that is the only way you're pulling any box with your collar turned up. Girls laugh at you. No matter what you think, it is not cool. Flip it back down and go change out of your...

[/ QUOTE ]

CCx
05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You and CCx should swap looks for a day. You can shave your head and get some tattoos, and CCx can get pimped out in Armani with a popped collar! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha, I'm game if he is /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

youtalkfunny
05-09-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Northeasterners are cynics and fatalists by nature...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I escaped the NE 15 years ago.

But that attitude is finally starting to ebb. The turnaround began when the Patriots won the Superbowl. People saw that things didn't always have to end badly.

Then when the Sox won the Series, fahgetaboutit. The cloud lifted.

I'm moving back up there this summer. I really think fatalist attitude has changed, and the Pats and Sox are the reason.

Bremen
05-09-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Northeasterners are cynics and fatalists by nature, so they'd be more inclined to believe me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, we'd take your denials as proof its true. If the site was crap you wouldn't bother saying anything. Unless you're from the midwest, those people are just too dang honest, their denials would be believable.

feelixthegreek
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I figured it would take a generation for the effects of the Sox victory to fully reveal itself.

BottlesOf
05-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Box is a great word.

AviD
05-09-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Northeasterners are cynics and fatalists by nature

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't argue with this...I'm a Northeasterner.

toots
05-09-2005, 03:09 PM
A cynic is just a pessimist who happens to be right about things.

AviD
05-09-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A cynic is just a pessimist who happens to be right about things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's me...well the pessimist part surely, the right part...still unclear.

toots
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm still waiting for the douchebag to step up and identify himself.

BISCO
05-10-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And I'd talk about what a ripoff PT is

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually did say something to that effect, saying that nobody ever uses it in low stakes games, that its worthless for anything lower than 20/40

wonderwes
05-11-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happens at the WSOP when 2+2'ers make it to the final table, and they try to make comparisons to the crew like they referenced all the time for different groups/clans in the '04 WSOP.

Norman Chad "Congrats on the win. We hear that you are also party of a 2+2 poker club. What exactly did that help to get you here?" Basic 2+2'er response "PokerTracker, bonuswhore codes and watching TILT taught me the game to play at the full level to win this WSOP final table."

mace25
05-11-2005, 05:14 PM
great post. i was at foxwoods this weekend.......... i wish i checked out the 1-2 no limit table so i could have seen this DOUCHEBAG!

TripleH68
05-11-2005, 05:23 PM
A calming thought: this fellow is probably such a bad player that noone would take him seriously.

*I have told a couple friends about 2+2 but they do not have the discipline or level of interest to be more than occasional lurkers.

mosch
05-11-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's wearing a HOODIE and a JACKET!