PDA

View Full Version : How Many OOTites have been in a fight?

BWebb
05-07-2005, 01:48 PM
And let's limit it to since you have turned 18. My last fight was in 6th grade so it doesn't count. Got a bloody nose and freaked out. If you have a good story, go ahead and share.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Nope. I'm pretty easy to get along with.

tbach24
05-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I've been in a lot of "fights" but nothing I consider to be a legit fight. I'm not 18 so technically I don't count, [censored].

purnell
05-07-2005, 01:57 PM
I was in a drunken brawl here and there until my mid 20's. I was often forced to defend myself on the playground when I was a youngster because of my nerd-ness.

tbach24
05-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Also, we're OOTiots, not OOTies.

shant
05-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Does the fight have to be one on one? What if there was a brawl going on and you kicked someone?

Zoltri
05-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Too many to list. This is coming from a 20 year bar owner.

BWebb
05-07-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does the fight have to be one on one? What if there was a brawl going on and you kicked someone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you don't mean you were standing there watching and decided to kick someone for no reason. Those motherf'ers deserve to get the biggest ass kicking.

shant
05-07-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you don't mean you were standing there watching and decided to kick someone for no reason. Those motherf'ers deserve to get the biggest ass kicking.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, the guy had punched my roomate (female) in the head twice and then me and other guys there started fighting him but mainly the other guys were taking care of it while I was drinking a beer. So, I threw a kick in.

sublime
05-07-2005, 02:26 PM
ages 18-26, probably like 5-7. i am pretty easy to get along with.

ages 10-18, probably like 30. we were rough kids /images/graemlins/grin.gif

manpower
05-07-2005, 02:27 PM
I said 'no'. I have gotten in a few altercations / shoving matches, but we never went to fisticuffs.

Jack of Arcades
05-07-2005, 02:53 PM
I turned 18 six months ago.

wacki
05-07-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but a lot of people would consider this a huge contradiction. Especially those who have never been in a fight. Be careful how you present this argument.

Blarg
05-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Heheh.

Boy: Are you a virgin?
Girl: Pretty much.

ThaSaltCracka
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but a lot of people would consider this a huge contradiction. Especially those who have never been in a fight. Be careful how you present this argument.

[/ QUOTE ]I would agree, I have been in one fight since I was 18( I was drunk too) and I consider myself pretty easy to get a long with. In fact, I hate fighting.

sublime
05-07-2005, 03:03 PM

i hear ya. anybody who has ever met can attest to thye fact that fighting is the last thing on my mind. i suppose when you factor in my backround, 5-7 in 8 years is a small amount. now that i think of it, its gotta be 5 and not 7.

LSUfan1
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I was in the Navy for a while, and my best friends were both Gold Gloves from New York state, so I didn't tend to fight much. A couple of guys got in my face, and neither time did I get to throw a punch. Had really good ring side seats for a few fights though! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

05-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I've never been in a fight... generally people aren't smart enough to realize when I'm making fun of them.

mmbt0ne
05-07-2005, 04:13 PM
I've never fought. In fact, I've never even been with someone involved in a fight. Maybe I'm just lucky.

deacsoft
05-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I've had 2 altercations. Not sure since I beat the carp out of them each time and was never touched if it can be considered a fight. I'm a very tolerant person. The old "lover not a fighter" would describe me well. I always look to avoid confrontation when possible. These 2 incidents were unavoidable eventhough I was pushed far beyond the limits of normal temprament before I went mid-evil. I'm not a big guy, not overly intimidating but I must know how to scrap or have just been very lucky.
Victories
deacsoft: 4 (lifetime) others: 0

I've never even had to take a punch and I hope I never do. For that matter, I hope I never have throw another one either.

slickpoppa
05-07-2005, 04:15 PM
I've never been in a fight. I'd be willing to fight if it was absolutely necessary, but I don't think that ever really happens. The potential downside is just not worth it IMO.

PokerFink
05-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I used to take karate pretty seriously, and did sparring tournaments. Not sure if that counts.

Yes, I've hit people hard enough to knock them down. No, I've never broken something sparring (or broken something in someone else).

SackUp
05-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I definitely try to avoid them like the plague, not for fear of getting hurt but b/c of all the other reprecussions that may follow (i.e. piggies). But I have gotten in two fights since I was 18. Both are pretty good stories.

New Year's Eve 2002 - aka "You don't ever hit a woman!"

It was my first time in the Big Apple and I went to this really swanky party. It was like a $200 cover with open bar and black tie thing. Needless to say I among the other thousound people there are wasted beyond belief. I think I drank more in line to get drinks than after getting my drinks. People would just order shots and you could do them in line. It was nuts! But I digress.

Anyhow so around 1:30-2 the security was looking for any reason to throw people out and me and one of my buddies get tossed out for fooling around. No biggie though. But then when I get outside one of the girls we came with is sitting down crying her eyes out. So I go up to her and she tells me that some dude hit her. So I'm like wtf?!?!?! (later i find out that it was inadvertant as the guy was fighting with some other fools in the bar). Anyhow, so I ask who it was and it just so happens that the dude is standing like 30 feet away with his buddy trying to get a cab. So I go up to the guy and tell him he needs to tell my friend sorry b/c he hit her. The guy who hit her say he doesn't know what I'm talking about so we go back and forth for a little bit and then I say [censored] it and leave.

Now is where the fun begins. Mind you I was completely sh1t faced at the time so this recount is a ocmbination of what I remember and what my friends saw happen. Also, this all takes place in the streets of NY on NYE in front of the club with cabs whizzing by the entire time.

As I walk away the friend pushes me in the back and says something. So I apparently turn around and go tackle both the guys. Then I remember scrambling to get up. I get up and I see one of the dudes heads raising up and I give him the uppercut of my life. It was basically like when Craig knocked Debo the fvck out. At this point two of my other friends came by and one took out the other guy while my second friend proceeded to kick the fool I knocked out. Then some girls who knew the guys came by and where screaming like crazy and then I remember my buddy grabbing me so we could get out of there while I continued to yell at the top of my longs "YOU DON'T EVER HIT A WOMAN!!"

Then we went to Gramercy Diner and feasted like champions /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I need to get back to studying so I'll tell the other story later if I have time.

Don't ever hit a woman biatches!

KaneKungFu123
05-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Getting in a fight is too expensive. it probally runs the average person a good 3-5K.

[ QUOTE ]
And let's limit it to since you have turned 18. My last fight was in 6th grade so it doesn't count. Got a bloody nose and freaked out. If you have a good story, go ahead and share.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
05-07-2005, 05:07 PM
I spent five years in the Marines. What do you think?

SpicyF
05-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Since most 2+2'ers are douchebags [including me] I expect yes to win with a landslide!

CieloAzor
05-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Weak. I got into a great fight when I was 17 and it doesn't count.

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I've been in scuffles where it was broken up pretty quick. The kind where there's one or two swings and then mayhem ensues and everyone is restrained. I've never been in a fight >30 seconds, if you know what I mean.

05-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Kind of Dazed and Confused-esque?

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 06:40 PM
Grammercy Diner at 17thish and 3rd? I go there all the time.

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of Dazed and Confused-esque?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember anything specific about fights in that movie.

DangerGoodson
05-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Ironically I got into two fights last night, I don't remember too much, but my friends said both involved me whipping off my shirt and yellin "what do you want to do? I'm right here..." ala kyle's Dad on South Park and then kickin the guys in the shines and running away like a pussy.

Voltron87
05-07-2005, 06:52 PM
oh I'm sorry, I thought this was america.

DangerGoodson
05-07-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh I'm sorry, I thought this was america.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best South Park ever.

tdarko
05-07-2005, 07:05 PM
i hate fights and i have been in too many. i have probably been beaten up and done the beating an equally amount.

Bluffoon
05-07-2005, 07:20 PM
About five years ago I am shopping lunchtime in NYC on Columbus ave and a crazy guy starts following me and talking to me and cursing at me and telling me he is going to stab me in the back etc. So I turn around and I tell him he had better get lost fast. He keeps following me so I turn around and I take a swing at him and he starts to run so I chase him into the street.

So I continue down the street hoping that he doesnt come back but he is follwing now twenty feet behind me and screaming and cursing and threatening me. I go around the next corner and I duck next to the building and wait for him to come around. When he comes around i got a couple of shots in but he runs again into a bodega. I run in after him and tackled him into a soda case in front of a whole lunchtime crowd and I punch him in the head like ten times. I get up and he is laying there all dazed so I walked out went back to work. He didnt follow me anymore.

Blarg
05-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Just an assload of staredowns, one gangfight that moved from a guy's house to a nearby empty school on a weekend and got broken up by the police before it even got started; one jerk whose ass I kept kicking until he left my apartment, then left our floor, and finally went down four flights of stairs with my foot in his behind all the way; and one guy I chased for a few blocks one night before I lost him.

Tons of sparring and stuff, but as to real fights, all were averted one way or the next. I think I was favored in most of the confrontations, but nobody really wins a fight, so I'm glad that all the "almosts" stayed that way. Pretty proud that some of them never happened, actually.

BWebb
05-07-2005, 08:25 PM
From the way it sounds, none of us have been in fights like this (its for Media Player Only):

Link (http://qt.webintellects.com/realfight/WSB3.wmv)

HopeydaFish
05-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Ages 10-18, only had one and it wasn't too bad. A kid with a few screws loose was acting like an idiot on the basketball court at school, and I took exception to him fouling me hard one too many times. I punched him in the jaw and knocked him on his ass, and then he got up and got a few good shots in on me before the rest of the kids dragged us both away. The funny part is that I was so shocked that I'd actually punched him that I barely defended myself when he came back at me.

The only time I got into a fight after age 18 was when I was 19 and my sister's lowlife boyfriend was standing on my parents' front porch mouthing off about "kicking my ass" and I overheard him through an open window. I hated this kid and hearing him mouth off about me caused something to snap. I went outside, roughed him up pretty good (I think he was too shocked to fight back), and then tossed him down the front steps. The best part was that he was crying (he was 17) when he got up to shout profanities at me. Seeing the tears rolling down his cheeks was pretty satisfying.

It was only later that it occured to me that if he were to press charges I'd be pretty screwed. Luckily, he didn't. Had I injured him more than I had, his parents would have probably pressed charges for him.

SackUp
05-07-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grammercy Diner at 17thish and 3rd? I go there all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the streets it was on, but I would assume it is the same unless there is more than one in NYC.

I've eaten there both times I've been to NY for NYE. Good times /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thankfully I wasn't coming back from a fight this NYE.

Baked67
05-07-2005, 10:21 PM
I've been in more fights in the last two months than I have the previous 21 years of my life. They all have happened at the bars here in redneck/[censored] fratville Vermillion, SD. Its always because someone is being disrespectful to my fiance or someone else hanging with our group of people. And I'm not talking like hitting on her, I mean calling her a slut and a skank for no reason what so ever. People in the town I live in [censored] amaze me. So I've been in a few altercations in the last 8 days alone...I'm about done with the bar scene. I'll just stick to the ganja, keeps me much more peaceful as well...

DangerGoodson
05-08-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From the way it sounds, none of us have been in fights like this (its for Media Player Only):

Link (http://qt.webintellects.com/realfight/WSB3.wmv)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I did see this in person fight (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/ncaa/05/04/stanley.photos/index.html)

Pocket Trips
05-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Was at a friends house when her b/f she was in the process of dumping came to her house and wouldn't leave... he threatened to kill her then lunged at her.. i was standing between them and put my arm up to block him... his nose just SHATTERED.. ended up having to literally throw him outta the apartment.... Ahhh.. good times

mikeymer
05-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Don't fight.

I broke a bottle over someone's head and if it weren't for my parents lending me money for a lawyer i'd be in jail.