PDA

View Full Version : The "Pop-In"

Zoltri
05-07-2005, 11:18 AM
The nerve...what makes people think they can come over anytime they want with no pre-warning of a visit.

I swear, my mother in law has seen me on more occasions in my underwear in the past year than her own husband. Then of course we have my wife's best freind Wendy constantly stopping in for a chit chat and coffee. And lets not forget the kids and their bratty little freinds that decide to play music from "The Casualties" at 9 AM on a Saturday morning.

I think I will make this the 'summer of John' and get away from the insanity for awhile. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

toss
05-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Well this is an easy one. Don't wear any underwear.

JMP300z
05-07-2005, 11:36 AM
The other day I was in the middle of a great nap when the doorbell rang.

I did one of those jump out of bed before youre even really awake things and was halfway to the door before i realized wtf was going on. I didnt even know why I got of bed until the doorbell rang again.

I went to unlock with my right hand and my left hand was down my pants, I paused at the door and pulled my hand back realizing I was in nothing but ragged boxers. I heard some girls laughing outside but was like, [censored] it, and turned back to my bedroom and was climbing back in bed when my phone rings.

Its my two friends outside and I can hear them screaming both into the phone and at the door...and into my ear.

And so I throw some shorts on and get the door and they apparently saw the whole thing through the blinds.

Theyve been ragging on me about that for a week now.

That said, I really enjoy popping in on my better friends and family. I mean its so much better than calling on the phone and is often a nice surprise. Im very careful to not impose though. More than once ive visited someone, saw they were busy and didnt even go inside the house, just left.

-JP

Zoltri
05-07-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well this is an easy one. Don't wear any underwear.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that will go over real well. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

toss
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
At least that'll make her not pop-in randomly... right?

Diplomat
05-07-2005, 11:47 AM
I solved this problem recently by refusing to answer the door. It's harsh, but effective.

-Diplomat

JMP300z
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I solved this problem recently by refusing to answer the door. It's harsh, but effective.

-Diplomat

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in a one bedroom condo thing with a driveway, if im here my car is blantantly visible and theres very little chance im not here when it is.

-JP

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 11:57 AM
my landlord is just like that. i swear to [censored] god it drives me crazy. this is a major reason for why im moving next week.

since i moving, we made arrangements that he can have people come over and look at my place. i asked him to give me at least some notice, preferably a days before having anyone come over. hes like, "absolutely."

yesterday im sitting on my computer multitabling and all the sudden i hear a knock at the door. im like, "wtf." i open it and 2 guys are here to look at the place. all the sudden, my phone rings and i dont answer it because i need to clean the place up quickly before they come in.in a mad rage i click deal me out at all my tables and scramble to clean the place up.

later on, i check my voicemail and it says "hi mike, its me, 2 guys are coming to look at your place at 1pm." guess what, he made the call at 1:10.

what a prick.

then like 2 hours later, he drops by without notice again and decides to sit on my chair and watch tv with me while telling me all about his barber shop business, which i could give two shits about.

toss
05-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Maybe your Landlord is lonely and wants a buddy. Why are you so mean? Why won't you let him regale you with his barber shop stories? He just wants to be your friend!

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 12:14 PM
the guy is 82 years old (literally). he cannot finish a sentence without studdering. he feels the need to lecture everyone about how they should be running their lives. he has asked me several times why it is that i have exercise equipment in the house, because he thinks they are stupid. he doesnt like where i put the television in the room and says that it would be much nicer on one of the other walls.

Jeff W
05-07-2005, 12:15 PM
roflmao

Stop answering your door. Don't you have a peephole? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Aytumious
05-07-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he doesnt like where i put the television in the room and says that it would be much nicer on one of the other walls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, wouldn't it???

gorie
05-07-2005, 12:22 PM
once i was in my bedroom trying on a new bra and i heard people talking outside my door and the door knob jiggle, and i just figured it someone had the wrong apartment or something.
then the door actually unlocks, and opens... which was freaky since my bf was out of town and no one else has a key.
so , since i'm not exactly dressed, i just say "HELLO?!?!" from my bedroom and hurry to put a shirt on.
then i heard them leave and shut the door. there might have been a "sorry" in there i was too busy being freaked out to remember.
later on when my bf got home he called the landlord to see if it was them and it was, they were trying to show an apartment but had the wrong building, and apologized. jerks.
could have been much worse, at least i was in the bedroom... but still scared the crap out of me.

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 12:31 PM
my landlord has actually done that.

i always put the chain on the door so that someone with a key just cant come in.

a few times i had been sleeping till like noon, and i will have woken up and my door will be entirely open but the landlord didnt get in because my chain was locked.

how [censored] freaky is that [censored]?

Zoltri
05-07-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but still scared the crap out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would have scared anyone. There is a double standard here, when my mother in law walks in on me with just underwear on...no one thinks nothing of it. But walk in on a woman with only a bra amd panties and....

YourFoxyGrandma
05-07-2005, 12:56 PM
My door is always unlocked and my friends come over unannounced all the time. I don't care though, because I like my friends.

Sponger15SB
05-07-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stop answering your door. Don't you have a peephole? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but he reversed it one day so he could look in and see if someone was waiting to hit him over the head with a sock full of pennies.

gorie
05-07-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a double standard here, when my mother in law walks in on me with just underwear on...no one thinks nothing of it. But walk in on a woman with only a bra amd panties and....

[/ QUOTE ]
depends, what is your reaction when you have visitors over and you're hanging around in your underwear ? i assume no one thinks anything of it because you keep doing it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif next time cover yourself with your arms and squeal like a girl while running into the bedroom to put some more clothes on.

it sounds like you hang out in your underwear too much.!

Zoltri
05-07-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I always had this desire to be a Chippendale. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CCass
05-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Have your wife talk to her Mom. If the wife is unwilling to do that, that should give you a pretty good indication of where you fit in the pecking order.

Zoltri
05-07-2005, 01:45 PM
It's not like that at all. My wife hates it as much as I do. Her Mom is nearly 80 and she doesn't have the heart to tell her. I can understand that.

ricochet420
05-08-2005, 02:10 AM
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! At least here where it's 115 degree pretty much all fcking summer~[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]