PDA

View Full Version : Dan Brown books

vic1225
05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
What do you guys think of Dan Brown. He's gotta be one of the best authors out there right now. I really enjoyed The Da Vinci Code, one of my best reads of all time. I think Digital Fortress is just as intense. Any good book reads lately?

swede123
05-07-2005, 09:48 AM
The DaVinci Code was pretty weak, in my opinion. Very predictable, it kind of felt like it was written by a robot, especially towards the end. Lately I've been rereading LOTR, and it's as good as I remembered.

Swede

vic1225
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Never read LOTR but my wife has and she tells me that as a child they let your imagination run wild, liked the movies but don't care for movies too much b/c they leave out to many themes, descriptions, and alot of good dialogue. What did you think of the Hobbit if you ever read it.

swede123
05-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I liked the hobbit quite a bit. If you are unsure whether you'd like the LOTR trilogy you can read the hobbit first. It is shorter and a little more basic in its writing, so if you enjoy the world and the overall style of Tolkien you may enjoy the trilogy as well.

Swede

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-07-2005, 10:49 AM
I just read Deception Point. Nice, plot/action driven novel, fairly one-dimensional charcters. That's the only one I've read and from that small sample I've got to place him below the best novelists I've read.

Not in the class of Uris, Clavell, Ludlum, Clancy, or even Crichton. More on the Robin Cook level.

Decent storyteller but does not create real, vibrant characters.

vic1225
05-07-2005, 11:00 AM
What was your favorite Uris novel.