PDA

View Full Version : J7 in BB

mack848
05-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?

My thoughts were to go for the check raise, as this is likely to be the most likely line to take the hand down early. Trouble is, if it's checked through, I have got to worry about any turn card &gt;7.

If I bet out, these mostly passive players are likely to peel one off with overcards - but will be making a mistake.

Also, if my check raise is 3-bet, I have to fold (unless it's by a very agressive player)?

What's your plan here?

wowacedude
05-07-2005, 07:03 AM
I would lead, if they peel with overcards, let them. You said it yourself, they are making incorrect calls. I would hate to see this get checked through. Anyway, my advice aint much worth, this is just my first thoughts on the hand.

Magikist
05-07-2005, 07:09 AM
I would typically lead out, as well.