PDA

View Full Version : 77 near bubble against bigstack

Woolygimp
05-07-2005, 05:26 AM
$30 NL tournament.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t800)
Hero (t2280)
UTG (t930)
MP (t865)
Button (t3125)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t700.

Flop: (t2150) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Button folds.

Final Pot: t2150

I pushed on the flop, Bisons won't convert it for some reason.

Woolygimp
05-07-2005, 05:29 AM
I didn't want to push, I felt i had close to no fold equity. If he would have called my push I didn't want to bust with 3 very small stacks. I felt 77 was too good to lay down in the Big Blind to a possible steal, and calling felt like the right play in this situation considering i didn't need X amount of chips preflop because my hand was a made and not a drawing hand. I also had position on him...
Again theres also an argument for folding because of stack sizes, but i felt folding was weak-tight.

My plan was to call, fold an unfavorable flop...push on a favorable one. Favorable meaning 1 overcard/2 undercards- Unfavorable being 2 or more overcards.

Even if i would have folded the flop I was still in a favorable position for the money.

imcastleman
05-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Your hand doesn't say that you bet all in on the flop, but I'm guessing that's what you did which is a fine play and I would have done the same had I saw the flop. Although, you have too many chips to make this call from the big stack. There are 3 shorties and you need to be more selective about the hand you are going to play against the big stack. This was not the right time.

curtains
05-07-2005, 06:02 AM
I would fold preflop.

Pepsquad
05-07-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Fold this. 5-handed. Blinds at 150-300. 3 Stacks under 1K. This table is dripping with blind-steal opportunity! Just stay out of big-stack's way.

Pep.

pergesu
05-07-2005, 08:33 AM
If you don't want to push, you have to fold.

You're putting nearly half your stack in on a speculative hand, and saying you fold on an unfavorable flop (which is going to happen most of the time). And your definition of unfavorable is kinda crappy...I'd much rather see a T84 flop than an A62 or K62.

If you call here and fold on the flop, which you're going to do a lot of the time, you significantly reduce your chances of winning the whole thing. I realize you're still a good shot to make the money - but now you're looking at 1200 vs 900 vs 800, which isn't nearly as good as where you're at now.

Folding may be weak-tight, but I think it's a lot better than calling. That said, I probably push here. But I'm not one of Yugo's 1% of 1% of 1%.