PDA

View Full Version : TIPS COMMENTS FOR HEADS UP PLAY?

treeofwisdom7
05-06-2005, 11:38 PM
one thing i like about sit n gos or poker is heads up play.. but im trying to figure out what a good strategy for heads up play is...

any tips or info?

bones
05-06-2005, 11:44 PM
(Assuming Party blind structure)

I tend to play according to my opponents heads-up. If we get in with smallish blinds (100-200/150-300) and I think I can outplay them on flops, I don't push nearly as much, assuming that they're also willing to play flops.

If you play someone that likes to push, that pretty much limits your options to push/fold as you can't afford to limp or min-raise and have it stolen from you.

If someone is outplaying me on flops, then I'll either go into push mode pre-flop or on the flop.

With larger blinds, you're pretty much limited to push/fold. Pay attention to how often they fold their small blind, as this directly affects the hand range that you'll be pushing/calling.

the shadow
05-06-2005, 11:54 PM
There's a lot of good tips (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2335360&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=31&vc=1) on HU play already posted. Read, learn, profit.

The Shadow

Degen
05-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Push every small blind once the blinds hit 200-400. Before this raise constantly, but don't push EVERY small blind.

Andre

Degen
05-07-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Push every small blind once the blinds hit 200-400. Before this raise constantly, but don't push EVERY small blind.

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, just noticed that was my 500th post...and i think it was probably my finest work.

follow that and you'll make lots of money.

Andre

lorinda
05-07-2005, 09:15 AM
any tips

Don't get too clever. There's no time for trickiness the vast majority of the time.

Lori

pergesu
05-07-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]
And push if you're in the BB and the SB completes. It only has to happen once or twice before they just start folding to you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Degen
05-07-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And push if you're in the BB and the SB completes. It only has to happen once or twice before they just start folding to you

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, sorry. And the third and final piece to this fantastically (really) profitable strategy.

Re-raise all-in every min-raise----unless they have AA, then you fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andre

treeofwisdom7
05-08-2005, 07:04 AM
when the blinds get to 400 raise everytime. ok i understand but i play at UB not sure if the structures are the same