PDA

View Full Version : Vince Lepore/Smoothcall boycott thread.

Voltron87
05-06-2005, 11:08 PM
First off- I'm doing this for all of you who actually value this WPT forum. Personally, I think it's basically a worthless piece of crap, with a few exceptions, but generally as a rule I'm right. This is to help you guys who care about it.

Here's the deal. Everyone who thinks VLP/SC are trolls, idiots, whatever, don't reply or post new threads about them. Just sign the dotted line in this thread and promise not to respond. So many of you detest him, so I expect you to do something about it.

I'll start. I'm not responding to him. Ever.

<font color="white"> ever </font>

Beavis68
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I am sure vince gets hours of fun out of maknig those nits dance to his tune.

STOP THE INSANITY!

Voltron87
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
ok, good. Beavis68 will no longer reply to him, start threads about him, or talk about him. 1 person so far.

whiskeytown
05-07-2005, 12:04 AM
ah well, duh...no [censored]

I've been blocking Vince, Vincent, and Smoothcall for weeks - It's weird - it's like he fell off the wagon or something and went back to heavy boozing - lotsa brain damage there, me thinks

RB

Mason Malmuth
05-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Hi Everyone:

Enough.

All this stuff is ruining this forum. Everyone here should get off the personalities of the posters and concentrate on the subject at hand, The World Poker Tour and other Televised Tournaments. If you can't do this, then it might be best for some of you to concentrate your energies on one or two of our other forums for a couple of days.

Thanks and best wishes,

Mason

TomCollins
05-07-2005, 12:34 AM
If Mat can't even ban someone for PMing unsolicitied profanities, not too sure what Mason will accomplish here.

MeanGreenTT
05-07-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

Enough.

All this stuff is ruining this forum. Everyone here should get off the personalities of the posters and concentrate on the subject at hand, The World Poker Tour and other Televised Tournaments. If you can't do this, then it might be best for some of you to concentrate your energies on one or two of our other forums for a couple of days.

Thanks and best wishes,

Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually suprised this hasn't been addressed by the Mods/Admins here. I help moderate one of the largest forums on the web and I've seen this thing time and time again, it's a detriment to the forum and it's members.

Obviously Mason, David, etc. know something we don't or I suspect they'd want to protect what's been built here, at least I hope they care!

It's sad, 'cause this sort of thing will drive people away, slow down new memberships and cause the people that actually contribute "real" information to the forum to stop doing so....I honestly hope the owners have a grip on what's actually taking place and what the potential (already occuring) issues are.

Sponger15SB
05-07-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I help moderate one of the largest forums on the web and I've seen this thing time and time again, it's a detriment to the forum and it's members.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean vincecall, or the response to vincecall?

They should just ban them.

ohgeetee
05-07-2005, 01:23 PM
If you want to fix the problem, then fix it. You have a poster, questionably 2 posters, that continuously bump each other's threads to the main page of this forum, that arguably gets on the nerves of the majority of the people here.

This same person(people?) lists you as one of those that unquestionably knows they are indeed 2 seperate people. Back them up, or this crap is going to continue as long as you allow them to start threads consisting of "Obvious Attention Begging, why is this really true!"

This forum is being ruined due to lack of moderation of 2 names, and a handful of others too immature to address the names properly.

ohgeetee
05-07-2005, 01:27 PM
This is exactly what I think MG. I think Mason and Sklansky are pretty great poker minds, but when it comes down to knowing good publicity from bad they simply dont have a clue. For now, the posts are going to continue, and lots of traffic will be hitting this forum, but sooner than later, Vince/Smoothcall will win, and people will simply stop coming. By the time this happens, taking action will simply be too little too late.

05-07-2005, 01:30 PM
How can you even think of boycotting the heart and soul of the WPT forum? The WPT forum without Vince would be like waking up at the crack of Dawn without a beautiful sunrise. What with Vince's prescient observations and all, I sometimes wonder if it isn't the elder Sklansky himself behind it all.

Vincent Lepore
05-07-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This same person(people?) lists you as one of those that unquestionably knows they are indeed 2 seperate people. Back them up

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been backed up. where's your apology? Yeah that'll be the day.

Vince

Vincent Lepore
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Your reply fits well with your handle. LOL

Vince

Smoothcall
05-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Why am i being mentioned into what vince is doing? I AM NOT HIM. I dont attack or do anything bad but yet i am assumed to be him. So whatever he does i get blamed for. I am not condoning what vince does. Nor am i condeming. All i am saying is judge me for my writing and work. Not vince's and the haters.

Smoothcall
05-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Mat sklansky has posted saying that he knows we are 2 different people. He met me. I have done nothing wrong. Except give people like you too much attention explaining myself. Which in turn contributes to clogging up the board. Which i apologize for. But once this nonsense of calling me him and attacking me for something you dont like about vince is over then i wont clog up the forum with my replies to the likes of you haters. LETS GET BACK TO POKER!

REL18
05-07-2005, 06:48 PM
How are mason and mat defending this guy what is wrong with you two ban those two

Sponger15SB
05-07-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How are mason and mat defending this guy what is wrong with you two ban those two

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty obvious...

mason = smoothcall
mat = vince

Vincent Lepore
05-07-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not them. It's you. Mason has never defended me. Never! I do know Mason, yes, but he is in no way obligated nor has he defended me in any way on this forum or any other one. If you want to call Mat's threatening to ban me defending me you may need a class in reading comprehension. It's young people like you that add absolutely nothing to these forums that continue to fuel the fire. I am ignoring you from here on.

Vince

htc1278
05-07-2005, 08:44 PM
This thread is awful. If you don't like a thread that either Smoothcall or Vincent start then don't read it and don't respond to it. Starting threads like this actually draw attention to the two people you guys want to ignore. And as far as the claim that they bump each others' threads, there are 2 threads on the first page started by Smoothcall and 0 by Vincent. Within the Daniel N. thread Vincent replied 1 time and within the other thread Vincent responded 7 times out of the 69 total posts in that thread. Voltron's thread begins a discussion about the 2 people he wants to ignore. Talking about people is really a horrible way to try to ignore them. /images/graemlins/mad.gif