PDA

View Full Version : Was I behind with bottom set?

silkyslim
05-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Should I keep raising here or call down? I had no reads yet. I was afraid UTG had 99. And this text is red!

Dead
05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
3bet.

Check-call the river if he caps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think that you did 3bet because the text is red, meaning that you did in fact 3bet. At least I think so. Good job if you did.

silkyslim
05-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Whats with the call/cap on the flop by UTG? What do you put him on?

Dead
05-06-2005, 10:59 PM
It could be nines, but he could also have two pair or limped in with an overpair stupidly.

oreogod
05-06-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats with the call/cap on the flop by UTG? What do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two pair and the button is not sure where his QQ stands. My guess anyway, although it is feesible that button may have AJ, but Im going with overpair QQ or KK, while UTG could have limped with the goods, he probably has J9 for two pair.

Am I right? (You should know as u should be one of the 1st ones to make it to the river)
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

silkyslim
05-06-2005, 11:20 PM
ooo u are good. button had QQ, UTG wqas a total barn and had J6, i rivered a 3.

oreogod
05-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Yeah a donk will do that to u. At least he helped pump the pot. They seem to forget that others could have better hands out there.

At least I got the Jack part right for that guy. Lol.

But look at the Buttons play, when u start to see that in a ram and jam pot, hes usually got JJ-KK (generalizing). And since the J is out there, u can put him on QQ-KK, with QQ more likely. TT-99 wont be out there and the only one that could have it would be UTG, but he'd probably go for a CR on the turn (how they love to do that, and with such relish too).

Shillx
05-06-2005, 11:30 PM
limped in with an overpair stupidly.

Very nice. I always forget about this, but you do see it often enough to not discount it totally.

Dead
05-06-2005, 11:42 PM
I see it at least 5 times a day at Stars .25/.50

I see the flop for free from the big blind with my 92o and proceed to flop trip deuces. Then I hear it from the pocket aces who limped in from EP.

[censored] YOU YOU [censored] FISH I HAD ACES YOU FU**ER. [censored] YOU. LEARN TO PLAY POKER.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bozlax
05-07-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah a donk will do that to u. At least he helped pump the pot. They seem to forget that others could have better hands out there.

But look at the Buttons play, when u start to see that in a ram and jam pot, hes usually got JJ-KK (generalizing). And since the J is out there, u can put him on QQ-KK, with QQ more likely. TT-99 wont be out there and the only one that could have it would be UTG, but he'd probably go for a CR on the turn (how they love to do that, and with such relish too).

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I prefer to save the relish for my hotdog.

bottomset
05-07-2005, 01:02 AM
I think there should be at least 10 bottomset hand posts a week

thats all I have to add

oreogod
05-07-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I prefer to save the relish for my hotdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

U will rue the day!!!!!