PDA

View Full Version : Starting to 8 table: its BANANAS

Voltron87
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Ok so I'm starting up 8 tabling. Right now until I get another monitor I'm doing it on one 19" monitor.

I made the jump from 1-4 tabling fairly quickly, and find 4 tabling easy. 8 tables is harder. I thought about doing 6 tables... no I'll just do 8. I moved down to the 11s to try my first batches, just to kind of get used to how everything would work. Everything was fine for the first two levels. Then when the blinds got to 25 50 and 50 100 on all my tables and was less than 10 handed... it got nuts. I was also playing extremely tight in the first two levels, I saw 5 or 6 flops. 2 AA, 1 KK, 1 QQ, 1 AJ, and a couple of BB crap hands. bb hands are the devil. they screw everything up. It's annoying when you click check fold and it it unraised and you have to see a flop with q3 and it keeps popping up.

Anyways it did get pretty hectic. I was pretty much fine except when I had to play on the flop, that got interesting because I had to wait for other people to see what they were doing, which generally screwed up the timing.

By the time it got to 100 200 and 150 300 when I still had 7 tables up is where I really had trouble. I felt I was starting to miss steal opportunities here, not really looking at all the stacks enough. And whenever I remembered the stacks in my head, they all changed and people played big pots (wtf is their problem). That got annoying, just when you figure out this person is going to be folding, this person is committed... etc. This is the tough bit for me, not missing those steal opportunities.

This was playing one set of 8. I can't even imagine starting new ones up in the middle. Being on the same level generally was a big help. To 8 table and start new ones up I'm gonna need that other monitor. Oh well, this post is long and kind of boring. Any advice for going to 8 tables?

xPuns1her
05-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Insanity. I have trouble with 3, but thats because I really like to concentrate on the action. Dont you find that you miss out on reads with 8 tables. For example, if someone has been playing on tilt and they raise short stack allin to you and you have an alright hand but given the fish information its an easy call? I dont see how you do it. props.

Voltron87
05-06-2005, 10:03 PM
well i dropped all the way down to the 11s to try this, it will be a lot harder at the 55s. that will be a challenge, keeping up with everyhing. i'm probably going have to stop posting on 2+2 and crap. focus only on poker. when I 4 table i do so much else.

johnnybeef
05-06-2005, 10:11 PM
id prolly get used to 6 before playing 8 if i were you. buuuuut, i only 4 table. a very wise man once said you need to learn to crawl before you learn to walk....and you need to learn to walk before you learn to run. good luck to you,

johnny

FieryJustice
05-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I am waiting on the damn videocard to get here from dell...they are taking forever. Anyways...I dont pay attention to anything when 4 tabling and i usually almost fall asleep. I am looking foreward to 8 tabling to keep me awake /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jcardshark

FatalError
05-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I get my 2nd monitor in this week and i'm going to start 6 tabling 109's right away and add in the other 2 after i play 100 if i feel i'm not losing much, i've only felt rushed once 4 tabling over 500ish SnG's and thats when i was heads up in 2 and down to 3 and 4 respectively in the others

Voltron87
05-06-2005, 10:41 PM
oh yeah one other thing. i've been doing my sets of 8 4 on party 4 on empire, and empire definitely has softer players. no question.

<font color="white"> yes im kidding. but seriously, i was doing way better at empire. much fishier players. one set i was 4 itm at emp and 4 otm at party. good story. </font>

DonButtons
05-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Im ordering my insane set up this weekend, should be similar to raptors. Seems like everyone these days is 8 tabling, w/e happen to the good old 1 tablers lol.

The thing with 8 tabling is just make sure you have the proper set up. And make sure you dont pay attention to one table while your all in waiting for the action.

Sponger15SB
05-06-2005, 11:15 PM
8 tabling?

psssh, amateurs.

BradleyT
05-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Dude, a 2nd monitor makes it 10x easier.

curtains
05-06-2005, 11:54 PM
8 tabling for real money with one monitor is retardo.

Blarg
05-07-2005, 12:54 AM
I feel that a little when I play 6 tables, and a lot when I play more than 6. I really notice losing track of when it's best to push and steal. Since that's so critical, I'm sticking to 4 tables almost always. I'll wait till I start to feel much more competent before regularly trying to add games. There's no point in it now, for me.

lacky
05-07-2005, 01:25 AM
Stop playing, go down to whatever is open, and buy another damn monitor. Matter of fact, while your there buy 2 monitors and a PCI video card and some more ram.

and next time plan ahead.....

Steve

Blarg
05-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Yeah. Trying to do it on one monitor is ridiculously hard.

You can get a perfectly good 19-inch CRT monitor for around a hundred bucks. It will make things sooo much easier.

ReDeYES88
05-07-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and next time plan ahead.....

[/ QUOTE ]

.. brilliant!!!

Degen
05-07-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's annoying when you click check fold and it it unraised and you have to see a flop with q3 and it keeps popping up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the Fold To Any Bet box.

Andre

Degen
05-07-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when I 4 table i do so much else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya man, this is the hardes part for me 8-tabling, cuz i keep doing other stuff anyway but I know its -EV...i'm always going back to AA with the timer at 3, 2, 1 /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Andre

Degen
05-07-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont pay attention to one table while your all in

[/ QUOTE ]

Dat dare is good advice. Once i realized that it was simply a series of decisions i started doing good...push, fold, call then move on, no watching.

Andre