PDA

View Full Version : is 2.3k hands too early to wonder about stats? (not re: winrate)

donger
05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey all,
Forgive me if this is too early to question my stats, but I'm new to 6max and am trying to get on the right track from the start. I know for one thing that I fold my BB too readily, and my flop and turn aggression could come down (this is high partially due to game selection), but can you guys see any other gaping holes? I've been getting kicked in the teeth lately (-110 BB in 48 hours) and I usually use downswings like this to regroup, examine my play, and regain confidence.

notes:
I've been a winning player up through 5/10 full ring, about 3.3 BB/100 for the last 45k hands. My approach to 6max has been to read and study the HU/SH canon as much as I can. I've been using mebenhoe's starting hand guide as preflop training wheels. My weakest areas are blind defense, and handling missing the flop and turn after being called by loose passives.

Here's my stats:
http://www.fourthnut.com/ptstats050605.gif

sthief09
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
you're probably a little LAG for now considering you're just learning to play SH. you are also playing raise-or-fold too much. your AF is ridiculously high. you must be betting/raising or folding like every flop or turn

just play poker. to win that much in a game that difficult (5/10 full) you must have been playing some good poker. shorthanded play isn't that different

just calm down. maybe beat off a few times before you play. you're way too aggressive. judging from your low river AF it's probable that you're firing too many second barrels

TStoneMBD
05-06-2005, 10:12 PM
i agree with thief that your AF is way too high. everything else looks good though except that your w$sd is too low.

your fold to river bet is also too low which leads me to believe that you are calling down with ace high too much.

however, since your wsd is about average, this makes me think that you are folding too many hands on the flop to compensate for your fold river bet. im not sure how this is possible considering that your aggression factor is so high.

maybe someone with better knowledge of pt could help you out with these things, because im confused.

2.3k hands is definitely not enough though, so all this confusion is probably just due to poor variance. youre definitely too aggressive though and are going to have a tough time beating the game if you dont take a more passive approach.

also, dont worry about the -110BB downswing too much. that game will drive you mad with its swings.

inanevoyage
05-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Speaking of the aggression factors...

I'm stuck at 1.46/1.28/1.81

This is the only aspect of pokertracker im not educated on, and compared to everyone elses stats like 3/2/1 and such, i feel like im playing entirely too passive.

Could someone explain those kind of numbers for me?