PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 AK out of the SB... the river play....

MAxx
05-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Well I am kinda moving up, so I plan on posting hands some here in the near future.

reads: UTG and MP have been Pretty LAG preflop and seem to get out of line post flop quite a bit, but they are not off the handles buck wild or anything. Button seems slightly tight passive pre and post, and hasn't done any thing to really catch my eye. CO is new to the table. I don't really have a read on BB either yet. I don't even know if these reads will help, but there they are.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

DO you agree with my line up until the river?

What about the river?

ALL1N
05-07-2005, 01:11 AM
I don't like the turn check, but after checking and no raise coming back, I'd checkraise.

joseki
05-07-2005, 02:50 AM
I'd bet the turn. Yeh, a J raises and you may have to call, but any K or Q or T will likely call (along with rare un-hit diamonds and maybe mid pocket pairs), but may not bet. Also, there are only two J's, and you probably still have outs against them.

Regarding the river, who calls this except another A, or perhaps a donk 9? Are you planning to fold to a raise? Against such a large field I'd think hard about check/calling.

Kasumeat
05-07-2005, 04:53 AM
95% of players with a Jack will call this river. However, with that much broadway on the board, I think check/calling this river is correct, because you will be up against Jacks full here very often, perhaps 1/3 of the time.

joker122
05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like the turn check, but after checking and no raise coming back, I'd checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't want to open up the possibility of being 3bet with the board broadway-paired like this, do you?

ALL1N
05-07-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't want to open up the possibility of being 3bet with the board broadway-paired like this, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey mate

You've got to charge those fellas trying to draw on you, and theres not much to be scared of. Who's going to raise you??

BB? He bet the turn, he could have any pair here.
Others? They just called the turn here on this drawy turn. This is a situation where you can afford to be wrong a lot of the time. Not raising with the best hand costs you more than raising without the best hand. ie. You don't have to be correct even 50% for the raise to be correct, because there are runners. You've gotta just suck it up and slap it.

Richie

PS good to see you back again, did you take a break from cards or HUSH or what?