PDA

View Full Version : $11: Folded to Hero on the button; is it a mistake to fold here?

spentrent
05-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t365)
Hero (t505)
SB (t830)
BB (t1030)
UTG (t3020)
MP1 (t780)
MP2 (t1470)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ?/images/graemlins/heart.gif, ?/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero ???

J-Lo
05-06-2005, 08:43 PM
no, generally in small buyins not on bubble, i like to play tighter than any 2. That means i will stil push w/ meteocre hands, but not any two just yet.

lastchance
05-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Not a huge one. But I probably fold the bottom 15-20% of hands here, something like that.

shejk
05-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I take into account how far away the blind increase is. The sooner to more likely I am to push. It's worth a lot to have some fold equity at all when the blinds go up.

Deuce2High
05-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I would push. The heart spade combo is just too powerful to let go of right here.

Blarg
05-06-2005, 10:45 PM
It depends on the calling ranges of the blinds.

If they both will call with anything either because they hate letting their blinds go or because they know you're pushing with any two, then if you push with something like 32o, it's very negative EV. If one or the other of them will call with anything, but the other is a guaranteed fold, it's almost the same thing as if both of them were calling with anything. So you can see what a jam you're up against with people willing to fight for their blinds with trash, if all you're pushing is trash yourself. Obvious stuff.

But if one is a guaranteed fold and the other is tight, it's a money maker. If both are tight, it's still a money maker even if you have absolute trash, just because you usually won't get any calls. And there's always that tiny chance to win if called, too.

So you can see how read-dependent it is, if you have absolute garbage, going from a clear fold to a clear call.

A more interesting question is, How good do your cards have to be before pushing here moves from a clear fold to a clear call?

Larimani
05-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I prefer pushing with 32o here than QJo... is it just me?