PDA

View Full Version : 2 cold on the river with underpair?

KdoubleK
05-06-2005, 08:01 PM
B&M 20-40, I raise from MP1 with JJ. MP2 calls, SB folds, BB calls. MP2 is loose passive before the flop then becomes laggy afterward. Not much of a read on BB, but two hands prior she proudly waved a bluff to the whole table. She checks dark. I bet dark. Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 autoraises and BB calls. I consider 3 betting but I hate BB's call so I call. Turn is K /images/graemlins/club.gif. Check to MP2 who bets, call, call. MP2 says, "what are you guys waiting to get?" River is 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Check, check, bet, BB says "hmmmm" then raises. 12.5 BB in pot. Thoughts on all streets appreciated.

Klepton
05-06-2005, 08:06 PM
fold the turn

dont bet dark

NLSoldier
05-06-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold the turn

dont bet dark

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, bet dark and then lead out again on the turn when the king hits since dark bet always=AK /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KdoubleK
05-06-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold the turn

dont bet dark

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I don't know what came over me with the dark bet...I wanted to try something different I guess. But since I took that line I didn't think I could fold the turn because I have no reason to think MP2 has me beat and I still have the correct odds to draw even if BB has the K or Q (though I suspect she has something more like AJ or A10). Her raise on the river makes me reconsider that, but I'm still not entirely sure.

steveyz
05-06-2005, 09:16 PM
If you want to continue with this hand, 3-bet the flop. Otherwise fold the flop or the turn.

mojolang
05-06-2005, 10:54 PM
I like what stevey said. On the turn you really aren't beating much, particularly against 2 opponents. 9T and J9 are among the only hands you are beating. JT fot there, and even in the very slight chance you are ahead, there is that possible redraw.

Peace,

Joe

shmahappens
05-07-2005, 12:10 AM
I read the title alone and said 'NO'.

KdoubleK
05-07-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to continue with this hand, 3-bet the flop. Otherwise fold the flop or the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. I started the hand off aggressive then shriveled into a weak tight shell. On the river I folded to the 2 big bets and BB turned over 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for an almost completely hopeless bluff and MP2 turned over A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (which is about what I put him on). If BB hadn't called 2 cold on the flop, or if I'd noticed her tag identified her as a dealer and not a prop like I assumed she was, I 3-bet without hesitation. But since I didn't I thought I could check call to the river and have the best hand often enough to make it +EV. Whoops /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.