PDA

View Full Version : Bubble with big blinds. Too reckless?

Freudian
05-06-2005, 07:51 PM
$22 SB and BB are solid players.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1020)
Hero (t2795)
SB (t1275)
BB (t2910)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero goes all-in [t2795]

spentrent
05-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Fine by me. SB is your only concern here but he's probably eager to let UTG lose half his stack to his blind on the next hand. BB needs a monster to call.

shejk
05-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I'd probably not push on the chipleaders bb here. If you get called it's sort of a catastrophe even if he has 49.

Edit: if he's a good player of course, then it's a different story (as correct play would be to fold almost everything).

Freudian
05-06-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably not push on the chipleaders bb here. If you get called it's sort of a catastrophe even if he has 49.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or TT /images/graemlins/wink.gif

spentrent
05-06-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a catastrophe. Fold equity doesn't care what your results are. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Freudian
05-06-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a catastrophe. Fold equity doesn't care what your results are. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I sometimes get to reckless with Ax, which is why I posted this hand. But that is usually with smaller blinds. Blinds are so big/the incentives for the blinds to fold are so big that I feel this must be a good risk/reward situation to push perhaps even more marginal hands than the one I had.

shejk
05-06-2005, 08:11 PM
just checked with icm. With your stack you had a value of .32. If you win you go up to 43. If you lose on the other hand, you drop to 0. So, that tells us that a call would be disastrous. Now, if your opponent knew this, he'd fold pracically everything apart from KK, AA. That would make this a pretty good play as 750 added to your stack at this point certainly doesn't hurt. On the third hand, even solid players in a 20+2 will play a bunch of pockets and some aces in this spot. Of course, the small blind will call with his premium holdings as well. I'm not mentally equipped to say whether this makes it end up a push or a fold, but I would often pass this up.