PDA

View Full Version : oh baby. star wars ep III early reviews *no spoilers*

Popinjay
05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_3/ (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_3/)

90%!

please keep all links and further discussion spoiler free. thanks you

tdarko
05-06-2005, 07:30 PM
i am so [censored] pumped!!! CC's avatar had me goin' earlier today now this!

BusterStacks
05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
There is a screener of this availabe on an FTP site I frequent. Too bad I don't like Star Wars. I've never even seen the original.

*ducks*

miajag81
05-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I have also never seen the original 3 movies; but I have seen the two new ones and enjoyed them both. I'm looking forward to this one.

Popinjay
05-06-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have also never seen the original 3 movies; but I have seen the two new ones and enjoyed them both. I'm looking forward to this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa man. you haven't seen the original 3!?

i envy you and the next four movies you'll see. normally i'd say see the original trilogy asap but in this case it's so close to ep 3 that it makes more sense to just stick with "chronology"

wacki
05-06-2005, 07:40 PM
From a review:

I imagine that Revenge of the Sith is very much the film Lucas's fans want to see, but are some of them ready for an anti-Bush diatribe?

I hope this isn't why it got 90%. (Thin red line anyone?) I want a good movie, not some artsy crap that talks about political injustice.

Since many of the reviews say it was a blood bath, I have a feeling this probably will be a good movie.

Buster, check out the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back whenever your really bored. Empire Strikes back is my favorite as it's very dark, but you need to see the original first. The return of the Jedi was ok but the Ewokes were gay furballs that women and children love. The two recent movies were just dumb.

pshreck
05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Too little, too late. Im glad it wont completely suck though.

TStoneMBD
05-06-2005, 10:26 PM
i havent seen the original 3 either yet, but am really anxious to see them. im waiting until after i see revenge of the sith, so that way the story smoothly translates for me.

a couple weeks ago though, the final star wars was on tv and i saw the luke/vader sword fight. i almost watched the rest of it but didnt want to ruin the 3 movies for me, so i turned it off.

willie
05-06-2005, 10:39 PM
i must say that i'm shocked that in a geek filled area like OOT, there are people who have not seen the original 3 star wars.

pshreck
05-06-2005, 10:48 PM
The stories are loosely connected at best. They explain the background of Darth Vader, and that's about it. The original 3 are completely independant story wise.

wacki
05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The original 3 are completely independant story wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... no. Same main characters, same long term mission, character development is continued through all three.....

What more do you want?

wacki is now going out to the bars....

pshreck
05-06-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The original 3 are completely independant story wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... no. Same main characters, same long term mission, character development is continued through all three.....

What more do you want?

wacki is now going out to the bars....

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta read the whole thread before responding, I was clearly talking about the original 3 vs. the new 3, after a poster said they wanted to wait to watch the new episodes before the original.

Matty
05-06-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From a review:

I imagine that Revenge of the Sith is very much the film Lucas's fans want to see, but are some of them ready for an anti-Bush diatribe?

I hope this isn't why it got 90%.

[/ QUOTE ]It is. The voting is 9 to 1.

pshreck
05-06-2005, 11:24 PM
From what I remember, the early reviews on rottentomatoes are often very inflated.

jnalpak
05-06-2005, 11:47 PM
i dont want to SPOIL it but....Anakin become Vader....shhhhhh

TStoneMBD
05-07-2005, 12:22 AM
well i would have preferred to have seen the first 3 before the first 2 episodes came out, but i was only like what 15 when the first episode hit screen? do you think it would be better for me to watch the first 3 movies before seeing episode 3? someone told me i should wait until the 3 episodes are done before seeing the original.

Dynasty
05-07-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i havent seen the original 3 either yet, but am really anxious to see them. im waiting until after i see revenge of the sith, so that way the story smoothly translates for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the wrong way to view the films. Despite the Episode #'s, the best way to view the films is the traditional order: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

Duke
05-07-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the wrong way to view the films. Despite the Episode #'s, the best way to view the films is the traditional order: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith.

[/ QUOTE ]

456123 is the best, yes, but is 124563 superior to 123456?

I saw them like this:

44565554664555555555122555252... and now I'll see 3.

~D

Popinjay
05-07-2005, 12:45 AM
man you saw 2 a lot! was it because of the portman nipplage?