PDA

View Full Version : #$#@%$ Latroy Hawkins

scott8
05-06-2005, 05:58 PM
And Dusty too!

BreakfastBurrito
05-06-2005, 06:02 PM
No shame in losing to the fightin Phils. Helluva ball club they've got this year.

Vince Young
05-06-2005, 06:03 PM
These 2 are going to single-handedly take the Cubs out of the playoff race if they aren't traded ASAP.

Russ McGinley
05-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Its amazing how bad he is in the closer role. Can NOBODY in the organization do better than this guy? They said during the broadcast that this guy is basically 50/50 in 1-run games. That's pathetic.

Vince Young
05-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I think what they said was that he was 47% in 1 run games and the league average was 48% over the last 10 years. Sounds absurd to me.

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its amazing how bad he is in the closer role. Can NOBODY in the organization do better than this guy? They said during the broadcast that this guy is basically 50/50 in 1-run games. That's pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their bullpen is filled with marginal talent.

tbach24
Yay! Yay! I have Billy Wagner on my fantasy team. Also, solidifies Joe Bo's role (he's nasty) as the closer and I have him too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

scott8
[ QUOTE ]
No shame in losing to the fightin Phils. Helluva ball club they've got this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shame was in how they lost.
Such a stupid play - throws the ball in the stands with 2 outs and up by 1 to allow 2 runners to score - HOLD THE BALL!!

Russ McGinley
05-06-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember as recent as 2 years ago Chicago had one of the best, deepest pitching farm staffs in the majors.

Once this team falls to 4th or 5th place, they might as well try Kerry Wood out as the closer since he can't seem to pitch more than a few innings per start without hurting himself.

davelin
05-06-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once this team falls to 4th or 5th place, they might as well try Kerry Wood out as the closer since he can't seem to pitch more than a few innings per start without hurting himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

A common idea here in Chicago but many of the radio guys point out it's probably not a good idea to march Wood out there 3 times a week for 30 pitches+warm-ups at a time.

BreakfastBurrito
05-06-2005, 06:15 PM
clearly my sarcasm goes undetected.

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember as early as 2 years ago Chicago had one of the best, deepest pitching farm staffs in the majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 2 of the major pitching prospects have made it, although they are both fantastic: Prior and Zambrano. The others, such as Angel Guzman and Sergio Mitre, either are not that good or have not matured as hoped. Wellmeyer, Wurtz, Novoa, and Bartosh are fringe major leaguers. The Cubs will not make the playoffs.

Russ McGinley
05-06-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think what they said was that he was 47% in 1 run games and the league average was 48% over the last 10 years. Sounds absurd to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I heard was that the league average is about 75%, and he is like 52% or so. He's a solid set-up man but obviously he can't close. Hopefully JoBo will be ready to go in a week or two.

Vince Young
05-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Bump.

Top of 8th
- Mets eighth.
- Hawkins pitching.
- Piazza grounded out, pitcher Hawkins to first baseman De.Lee.
- Mientkiewicz homered to right on a 0-0 count.

Russ McGinley
05-10-2005, 12:47 AM
This may be one of the worst assembled bullpens ever. Shockingly, they are like middle of the pack as far as ERA. A team like Colorado will always be last because Cy Young would have a 5.00 ERA in Coors Field, but seriously, the only chance the Cubs have now is to just have everybody pitch complete games and only take out the starter if he gets hammered and the game is unwinnable or he has like 130 pitches before the 8th inning. Nobody in the pen can get batters out on a somewhat consistent basis and the offense isn't good enough to overcome these constant late-inning meltdowns.

cokehead
05-11-2005, 05:27 PM
#$#@%$ Ryan Dempster too

bugstud
05-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Derrek "stud" Lee

Vince Young
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Derrek "stud" Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
NL MVP