PDA

View Full Version : Help making simple graph in Excel

ace_in_the_hole
05-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Hello:
I for some reason cannot figure out how to create a line graph in exel showing my profit as the line and along the bottom would be my hand count. Pretty standard profit graph over # of ahnds instead of # of days. Thanks.

kross
05-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Make sure you have two columns of numbers, one column is the cummulative number of hands, and the other is the cummulative amount won.

Then highlight the two columns, and select Insert->Chart from the menu. Select XY Scatter graph, and choose the style you like (points, lines, I choose smoothed lines).

Hope this helps!

-- Kevin

Vern
05-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Now if he had asked about making a HUD I would have given him an answer but would have closed with the fact there was free software that does what he asks if he uses Poker Tracker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vern

ace_in_the_hole
05-06-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now if he had asked about making a HUD I would have given him an answer but would have closed with the fact there was free software that does what he asks if he uses Poker Tracker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vern

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate.

Vern
05-06-2005, 07:44 PM
If you use poker tracker to track your play, I have offered a free graphing utility on my web site. Searching the forums for it will reveal it and Matt gave me permission the first time to post it, so here it is again.

www.pokergrapher.com (http://www.pokergrapher.com)