PDA

View Full Version : Yankees vs. Sox

jakethebake
05-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Battling it out to be the worst team in baseball. This is the best season ever. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
i can name 20 teams that have a worse record than the red sox, so i'm not sure what you're saying.

tbach24
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Red Sox are 16-12

bisonbison
05-06-2005, 04:00 PM
What are you talking about?

The Red Sox are in second place with a 16-12 record. The Yankees are in last with an 11-18 record.

kenberman
05-06-2005, 04:01 PM
wow, you've been owned by 3 people in 3 minutes. that's gotta be a record

jakethebake
05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Aw you already ruined it. Nevermind.

Aytumious
05-06-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Battling it out to be the worst team in baseball. This is the best season ever. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he meant the White Sox...oh, wait.

jason_t
05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can name 20 teams that have a worse record than the red sox, so i'm not sure what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can name one that matters: The Yankees.

daryn
05-06-2005, 04:05 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

although that gives me great joy, it IS early.

jakethebake
05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was looking for. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

istewart
05-06-2005, 04:14 PM
jason go [censored] yourself

MarkL444
05-06-2005, 04:32 PM
the main reason i dont like the yankees right now is because of how much i dislike most of the posters on here who are "yankee fans". they annoy the hell out of me.

jakethebake
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the main reason i dont like the yankees right now is because of how much i dislike most of the posters on here who are "yankee fans". they annoy the hell out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? i hate the actual Yankees just as much as their fans.

TakeMeToTheRiver
05-06-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best t-shirt at Yankee Stadium this year goes something like this:

Front says: There never was a Curse

Back says: The Red Sox Just Sucked for 86 Years! Reverse That!

More reason to hate me, big guy.

daryn
05-06-2005, 04:52 PM
obviously.

anyone who seriously talks curse is a moron.

by the way i don't hate yankee fans, why would i? they are just rooting for their team.

MarkL444
05-06-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? i hate the actual Yankees just as much as their fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

well ive always disliked them, now i just picture a bunch of deads and istewarts rooting for them and hate them even more i guess.

TakeMeToTheRiver
05-06-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
obviously.

by the way i don't hate yankee fans, why would i? they are just rooting for their team.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the reference. Maybe you forgot (you do post a lot). You told me that you hated me a week or two ago... nothing to do with the Yankees or Red Sox...

pokerjo22
05-06-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh?

Lazymeatball
05-06-2005, 05:40 PM
But didn't most (or most bandwagon) Yankees fans just pick their team because it's fun to pick a winner. I don't mind guys that are from new york who root for the yankees, but those pricks from Connecticut really piss me off.

Dead
05-06-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jason go [censored] yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
05-06-2005, 05:41 PM
obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the reference. Maybe you forgot (you do post a lot). You told me that you hated me a week or two ago... nothing to do with the Yankees or Red Sox...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i probably hate you then.

Dead
05-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Carl Pavano was a huge Yankees fan as a kid, growing up in Connecticut.

I guarantee you he was a bigger fan than half the people who happen to live in NY and wear a Yankees cap.

If someone lives in California, has never set foot in NY before, but watches all the games that they can on Extra Innings or MLBTV, and keeps up with the team, then I say they're a fan.

They're definitely more of a fan than some random NY resident who puts their Yankees cap on in October.

I grew up in upstate NY. I've rooted for the Yankees since I was a little kid. YOU guys have the bandwagon team now.

There are so many people wearing Boston Red Sox caps here right now. I bet they couldn't name 5 players on the team, but they're wearing it just because they hate the Yankees. Scumbags.

daryn
05-06-2005, 05:43 PM
But didn't most (or most bandwagon) Yankees fans just pick their team because it's fun to pick a winner. I don't mind guys that are from new york who root for the yankees, but those pricks from Connecticut really piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no doubt.. i was talking about new yorkers.

pokerjo22
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huskiez
05-06-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are so many people wearing Boston Red Sox caps here right now. I bet they couldn't name 5 players on the team, but they're wearing it just because they hate the Yankees. Scumbags.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. Before 2004, I saw barely anyone wearing any Bosox caps. Now I might see as many people wearing Bosox caps as Cubs caps. Easily more than Chisox caps. I am in Chicago, by the way.

Obviously they are either bandwagon fans or fans who were too ashamed of their team until they finally won something.

Dead
05-06-2005, 05:54 PM
They're just dumb bandwagoners who probably don't even know the rules of baseball.