PDA

View Full Version : Lost Finger in Ice Cream, May i have it back?

jnalpak
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Lost Finger Link (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/06/finger.fight.ap/index.html)

This incident is much different then the other "i found a finger" incidents as the person who lost the finger wants the finger back and actually WORKS in the store it was lost in.

But here is where this story become concerning. If you are an employee of an Ice Cream shop and you are making Ice Cream (pouring mix into the mixer) and when your hand comes out of the mixer with a missing digit aren't there a few thoughts that go through your head IMMEDIATLY???
1) OMG my [CENSORED] finger is gone
2) STOP the machine or have someone else stop it so you can have the finger back and get it reattached
3) there is blood everywhere maybe I should stop selling the ice cream.

"But according to the shop's management, Stowers wouldn't give it back when he was in the store 30 minutes after the accident."

So MGMT is in the store and MUST be aware that some employees finger just got chopped off by a mixer so wouldnt this manager STOP the machines from serving ice cream?

So who is at fault and who should be sued?
1)my guess is Kohls should be sued up the ass for serving a finger
2)does the employee sue the company and the mgr for not getting his finger back in time?

so strange that i even care about this

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2planka
05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
[insert shitpile here]

CORed
05-06-2005, 04:48 PM
The employee legally can't sue his employer. All he can do is file for Worker's Comp. He probably can sue the guy for not giving his finger back. If there is any justice at all in the civil courts (which is doubtful), he should get considerabley more damages for being deprived of the opportunity to have the finger reattached than the guy who got it in his ice cream gets for being grossed out by having a severed finger in his mouth. Fromm the news accounts, I'm not clear on the timing here. I don't know how much time elapsed between the finger being cut off and the ice cream containing it being served. But, if the time interval was more than 30 seconds, I can't for the life of me understand why that ice cream was served. Was the manager so concerned with helping the guy with the severed finger that she didn't think to shut down the machine? Or is she just a complete idiot? These two possibilities are not mutually exclusive. Maybe she just though it would be easier to find the finger if she just served the product and let a customer find it than to dig through all that ice cream by herself.

Pocket Trips
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
wow what a douchebag!!!!!!!! Its not like he can't sue the store if he gives the finger back.... i hope he sues the store and wins millions only to be sued by the dumbass who cut his finger off