PDA

View Full Version : K9s - from the BB, vs 2 Short all ins

Cleveland Guy
05-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Home Game.

Blinds are 75/150. I believe we are 7 handed at the time.

hero is BB with K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG Folds
UTG +1 pushes his last 325 Chips. He is a reasonable player, and knows the blinds are about to get him, so he can be making this move with a wide, wide variety of cards.

Folded to the SB - who thinks for a while, and then CALLS 250 more, leaving him with only 60 behind. As you can tell by this - he is not a very strong player - he tends to overplay Ax - any PP, and is very passive. I'm gonna figure his last 60 as part of the pot here, cause if I play - I'm putting him in for that pre-flop.

Hero looks at his cards - trying to figure out what he would need to call - and finds a K9s.

If I count the SBs last 60 chips - the total bet is now 385 - of which I have put in 150 already. So it's 235 for me to call.

The total pot already is 860. So it's gonna be about 3.5 - 1 on the call here.

Is my K9 good enough vs. the 2 players I described to call here?

FYI - I am at about 1,600 in chips before posting, so I would be dented, but not desperate if I call and lose.

UMTerp
05-06-2005, 01:29 PM
The second player in the pot is the tricky one there. You don't know what's going through his head - he could be agonizing over whether or not his JJ is good, or he could be thinking about that QTo - you never know. I'd lean towards a call with those odds and your fairly healthy stack there.

And I would just call, then bet the 60 on any flop. You never know - a really unsophisticated player may be able to find a fold with his 55 on a Qs 8s 6c board or something; that'd be a coup for you.

Cleveland Guy
05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And I would just call, then bet the 60 on any flop. You never know - a really unsophisticated player may be able to find a fold with his 55 on a Qs 8s 6c board or something; that'd be a coup for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it means he would have won the pot had we checked down, and now I give UTG +1 a stack to work with?

UMTerp
05-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Why couldn't your K9 beat his hand? I'm not worrying about knocking players out with 7 left. I want chips. I assume only the top few pay.

KingDan
05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it means he would have won the pot had we checked down, and now I give UTG +1 a stack to work with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pot equity drastically increases, and how long do you think the guy with 60 chips left will last?