PDA

View Full Version : A Miss-Click Preflop Call, Now What?

Jazza
05-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($106.11)
UTG+1 ($100.55)
MP1 ($95.75)
MP2 ($110.5)
<font color="#C00000">MP3 ($78.79)</font>
CO ($72.25)
Button ($158.44)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($143.75)</font>
BB ($84)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls $3.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

this was an easy preflop fold but i miss-clicked

Flop: ($9) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

now what's my plan?

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $20</font>

and what now?

villian is a 16/4

emil3000
05-06-2005, 01:00 PM
I would probably fold. You will have to pay thorugh the nose on turn if you don't make your draw, and possibly won't even get paid off for your flush, since your draw is so obvious. Price is bad too.
I would only see the turn if I had a read that villain pays off big and can't get away from hands. His stats doesn't make that seem the case.
Villain is too likely to have a set for a reraise semibluff to be a good idea in my opinion.

PinkSteel
05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Villain's giving you poor odds to draw to the flush, your Ace outs may not be clean and may still not put you ahead, and you're OOP. Unless you have a strong read that you may stack him with the flush, I'd let it go. I would have checked the flop too, but maybe that's weak.

TrailofTears
05-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Are you embarrassed to say that you called from the blinds with Axs? /images/graemlins/wink.gif I do it a decent amount.

As for the hand, any reads on villain other than his PT stats? I think you have a lot of fold equity here against this type of tight player. This would require a push, and would create a lot of variance, but hands like TJ and KQ are often played at this level, and would play this hand in much the same way as you did if you push here. I don't usually like to make this move without a read and usually a better draw then this, but this guy is tight and any hand you represent here is very plausible.

-T

swolfe
05-06-2005, 01:09 PM
call and check-raise push the turn /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i'd call to see the turn and fold unimproved, i think. i generally also lead full pot on the flop.

MLerra
05-06-2005, 01:15 PM
16/4 is pretty similar to my stats... and if the villain was me, I'd have a set right now and would be more than happy to call a push.

TrailofTears
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
16/4 is pretty similar to my stats... and if the villain was me, I'd have a set right now and would be more than happy to call a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

M, if you had AK or AA and were villain in this hand, would you play it any differently than him? Would you fold to the push?

-T

mother_brain
05-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I'd probably call and try to find a spade on the turn, if not fold to a bet. You'll get paid off more than you think if you hit it.

If you do hit it though, you'll have a nice big stack at the table and get some good action when you're not misclicking.

subzero
05-06-2005, 02:13 PM
I hope you tried to call but clicked fold by accident. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I think the price is too expensive to chase your flush. I think he has a set.

Jazza
05-06-2005, 02:22 PM
yeah, i think a call or a fold is not so bad

so what do i do? go all in of course, my warped thinking was that he had AK and i had some fold equity

anyways turn came 9, river came /images/graemlins/spade.gif, woot!!

and he had KK, not woot /images/graemlins/frown.gif

MLerra
05-06-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

M, if you had AK or AA and were villain in this hand, would you play it any differently than him? Would you fold to the push?

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

ARGHHHHHHH, that would be an extremely difficult situation. Mainly because of his bet of $6. If he bet $9, I'd call. If he bet $3, I'd raise to $9. But a bet of $6... I'd most likely call. I think I'd want as cheap a showdown as possible, given that at that point, I pretty much would fold to a spade, and any other 9, 10, J, Q, or K on the turn/river.

It's just too easy to put the BB on two random 9 thru K cards. Of which, my AA or AK is is a big underdog against nearly all of them if one of those falls on the turn.

Although, the more I think of it, I'm much more like a 13/4 player these days, so I think I'm much tigher than most both preflop, and post-flop.

sawseech
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
vs donk it's an autoreraise
but this isn't a race
his range in this spot devastates you
fold

FreakDaddy
05-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Fold. 36 in the pot and you have to call 14. Your draw isn't strong enough here and if villian is a solid player your implied odds aren't good enough to justify a call.